ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Original Players Guide
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has the original Manuel
I have the full thing!
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
I have half - none of it left
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I never got it
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
What?
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: The Original Players Guide Reply with quote Back to top

How many people have the original (100 page or so) players guide made by rare ware with specific details about the game? The Guide was written in 1995 and published in 1996. Only 50 - 80 Pages(Solo: Statue - Caverns;and the whole multi player section) remain from mine.

Now this thread is a response to the "Un-Used Weapons".
Silver PP7/Gold PP7: Originally designed for Multiplayer
Rare included these two guns in Multiplayer; but desicded to get rid of them
and put them as a cheat code

Shotgun: Originally Included in Archives
according to the Manuel it states that " The Shotgun is a Russian favorite. In the archives this weapon is a powerful canon!

Hunting Knife: Originally Included In Jungle and Multiplayer
Yes this weapon is a Jungle Original as it states in the Manuel "The jungle is a nifty backup alot of these guards carry."..wait Backup??(for more visit the link below)

*If you want more info then just go to GameSharkControl and click on WEAPON MYSTERIES

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got it. It was useful back in the day as I planned how to beat the solo missions. And a fun read. I should find it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have one, nor do I know anyone that does. I've seen scans of it before, isn't that the one that has a guard wearing Bond's tux in Dam and the three-faced guy in Surface 2? Both shots are on Detstar if you don't know what I'm talking about.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I've got it. It was useful back in the day as I planned how to beat the solo missions. And a fun read. I should find it.

It is good to know that someone has one. I miss that thing. It was huge!!

But so helpful

idk where I got it though

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I don't have one, nor do I know anyone that does. I've seen scans of it before, isn't that the one that has a guard wearing Bond's tux in Dam and the three-faced guy in Surface 2? Both shots are on Detstar if you don't know what I'm talking about.

That is the skinny book. Not the huge text book one. The huge text book one had the three face guard but not the tux guard.

The big book was written a year before the game came out. The copyright on it says "1996 (R) Rareware"

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Er what? I have the Nintendo Official guide. Is that the same thing?

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well hold on. does the cover look like this

then that is not it. The One I had has the cover of the art of Bond running through the archives with all the bulltes coming through the floor. It was a old guide. It was a nintendo guide

also the Brady's Un-Official Guide sparks alot of beta secrets.

1. Magnum in the Dam's Weapon List

2. The Phantom In Bunker's Weapon List

3. Control/Runway say you get mine detonators. Even though for the mines you get you don't need them.

4. In the multiplayer section it says "Rare deicded to make 4 new levels to play! Caves,Stack,Temple,and Complex." But wait..where is basement and Library, That shows that they could have been linked into a solo prefrence at one point.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The one you show there is the one I have. Can you show pictures of the other guides? I remember knowing about the brady one but didn't think it was very good.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hadn't realized there were two unauthorized ones, but I assume neither of these?

NoastligKnockout
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I hadn't realized there were two unauthorized ones, but I assume neither of these?

Thats the one. It is a thick book I will give you that much. The Prima one was written in 1996. The Brady Games one was written in 1997 two months prior to the release.

Check out my website for more information on this new level!

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not To rain on your parade Noastlig but this is what the cover looks like

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="ColdshadowX"
4. In the multiplayer section it says "Rare deicded to make 4 new levels to play! Caves,Stack,Temple,and Complex." But wait..where is basement and Library, That shows that they could have been linked into a solo prefrence at one point.[/quote]

No it doesn't, Library, Stack and basement are all the same level. Just half of it are cut off from the rest.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ColdShadow I've never heard of that players guide. The one I have is official, so it seems strange that there'd be another one. Do you just mean Rare's old GE site online (which is where that pic is from I think)?

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryani wrote:
[quote="ColdshadowX"
4. In the multiplayer section it says "Rare deicded to make 4 new levels to play! Caves,Stack,Temple,and Complex." But wait..where is basement and Library, That shows that they could have been linked into a solo prefrence at one point.

No it doesn't, Library, Stack and basement are all the same level. Just half of it are cut off from the rest.[/quote]

o..ok. Thanks

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
ColdShadow I've never heard of that players guide. The one I have is official, so it seems strange that there'd be another one. Do you just mean Rare's old GE site online (which is where that pic is from I think)?

The cover has that on it; execpt it's not called "Extreme Startiges". For the most part; I now I had it, It feel apart in 2002.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: