ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mission ideas: Janus Facility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Mission ideas: Janus Facility Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I'm getting the hang of the Setup Editor, I'm thinking of ideas for a new Facility mission, the Janus Nuclear Facility. It'll be set in North Korea and include my original ideas...

A boss room: When I think back to Zelda/Metroid, you'd be trapped in a room with a boss. I was wondering if I could implement this in GE somehow; the bottling room seems like a candidate.

"Fake" weapons?: I thought it would be cool if there was a gun disguised as a grenade. If you tried to pick it up, it would blow up in your face. Laughing There could be a few guns that looked the same, but only 1 was real. I could easily make it random so you don't know which gun is real.

That's all I've thought of right now, but I might come up with new ideas as I make the level.

Scaramanga
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, that's not a half-bad idea, although, wouldn't the explosion of the guns kill Bond instantly, or is that the fun Cool

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can easily lock doors using action blocks. A lot of games do that sort of locking you in, but not GE, though it's a good idea.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool ideas. Sounds like a good start to a great level! Smile

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I started work on the level. Right now I'm just inserting objects/guards, but I've thought of a few objectives...

1. Obtain uranium sample: Just a case you'll need to collect
2. Evacuate Dr. Doak: Save Dr. Doak and get him out alive
3. Defeat Xenia: The boss...she'll be harder than in Jungle

I'm also thinking of porting several of the original Facility's action blocks and adding my own.

Scaramanga
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great, I can't wait till you finish!

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The level is turning out well so far; I'm using the basic layout of the original Facility but I'm modding it. I've added the uranium sample objective as well, and I'm starting with the fake weapons. I'll get a pic in soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: