ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Surface 1 guard face glitch - remember it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Surface 1 guard face glitch - remember it? Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone remember the Surface 1 guard glitch, where if you set the alarm off, the spawned guards would have messed up faces? I've seen tons of pics on the net, but strangely enough, I could never get it to work, no matter how many times I tried.

I don't know if it was removed from the PAL version...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never gotten it to work either, I've got the US version.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had it happen a few times on the NTSC version, but I think it's random.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, I used to be able to pull this off all the time, but haven't done it successfully in any of my more recent attempts. I remember having Tiny Bond, All Guns and Infinite Ammo on. I'd basically blow up as much stuff as I could, and fire at the satellite building from a fair distance. Once you set the alarm at the helipad off, the spawned-in guards would have really messed up heads. Sometimes they'd be a "Circus Freak" type thing, with multiple faces, while other times they'd look like aliens. It was very cool.

But the best part, was that your mines would camouflage into their surroundings. Fuel barrels were sick. The mine would have the skull and crossbones symbol on it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever I do the glitch, I just complete all the objectives and hit the alarm w/ All Guns and Infinite Ammo on. I rarely ever get the 4-faced guards doing that though, instead I get the blue band-faced guards, white lasers, messed-up mines/grenades/rockets, and screwed up bullet holes.

steelman16
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I was young around 9 or 10 years old I used to pull that glitch all the time (which I did not have the expansion pack for the N64) but after I put the expansion pack in my N64 all the basic glitchs in Goldeneye began to stop and I was not able to do that glitch anymore. Does the expansion pack have any affect on game glitching?

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to, but I'm assuming only for the graphical glitches.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh... Never had that happen in Surface, but it does happen in Runway rather easily. If you don't mind getting the editor involved or using codes, set the spawned guards to have many different kinds of weapons or use the more detailed characters like Jaws, Mayday, etc. It shouldn't take long for the weapons, faces, and other textures to start going schitz.

Another sure-fire way is to use the all weapons button code in-game and start throwing as many different throwable weapons as possible. Switch weapons quickly. Then blow a couple things up. Should do it.

The reason has to do with memory allocation. We've already seen that some stages have more memory allocated than others. Runway happens to have less texture memory than many other stages. Surfaces use one of the more complex guards, the snowsuit guy with the fused head, as well as snowsuit bond and a few other random guards. Characters eat more out of the texture bank than anything else, with good reason, and there's very little shared between these bozos.
An interesting thing has to do with usig all-weapons during play instead of the cheat. The amount of memory dedicated to bond's inventory stuff - models, textures, etc - is allocated seperately from everything else. When all-weapons is used as a selectable cheat, it allocates a larger portion than normal. However, when you use the button codes you now have the whole index but the same smaller amount of memory. The result is usually odd textures on the hands after flipping weapons rapidly.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very interesting... I think i'll try it out!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Games just aren't programmed this way anymore Wink Hehe, fun times, this N64 era. The perfect mix of hack-programming / talent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: