ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Halo Books

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Halo Books Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I wasnt quite sure wheather to post this under gaming topics, or non gaming discussions, so I made a choice and I apologise to those who might get angry.

Anwyay, this is for discussions of the Halo book series. Ive read two of them so far, and I'm starting on the third. There's four in all. Most of them are pretty good. But thats because most of them were written by Eric Nylund. The other one, The Flood, was written by this guy named William C. Deitz who just butchered the halo story. I cant even begin to state the mistakes he made in that horrible monstrosity he calles a book. There were some intersting points as to what caused what, but it was a book taht I could have gone without reading. In fact, i think thats why Bungee went back to Nylund for the latest two books. They would be crazy to use Deitz again.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And that's about how I feel regarding most game-to-movie translations. They seem to twist the facts, trying to start all over from scratch. Why bother changing something that fans already love? Their response would be, to appeal to those who aren't deep into the games. They need to capture the interest of average movie goers, not just the game players. However, if it weren't for those loyal gamers, there wouldn't be a reason for a film to be made. It'd be a lot easier to stick with the original storylines, than to write up a brand new one. I spit on the Resident Evil flicks. Milla Jovovich or not. Mad

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's interesting. I didn't really know about the books. Honestly, I'm one of those guys who plays games, and can't follow the story at the same time. I'm too busy killing I suppose. You've read em, should I invest the time or what?

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I started reading them because I needed a Halo fix. I'm a big gamer and I dont even own an XBox. (soon will though, after I work some) But they satisfied my need for some action, at least in part. Eric Nylund's background story of Master Cheif in The Fall of Reach was awsome, probably because it was uncharted territory, so he had free access to create the psyche of Master Cheif. I even did my last Literature Response paper on it.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reading is always good even if you have to go to the library.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: