ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye multi-tv's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingpyramid
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye multi-tv's? Reply with quote Back to top

I read somewhere on this site that you can play goldeneye multiplayer with multiple tv's so you can't see the other person's screen. is this actually possible? i can't seem to find any info on it. i've always dreamed about this...

flyingpyramid
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=745&highlight=multiple
i guess that thread has my answer.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basically you split the video/audio output to many tvs, then cover up the other people's screens with paper. Man, I like when we had to rig stuff up like this! None of this fanciness of online play.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is one of those things I never understood. Guess I always figured not only can they see your screen, but you can see theirs. Any advantage it has is surely mitigated by the 'strafe around in circles zigzagging across the level' strategy, which is far more effective than even bunny-hopping in recent games.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it was just part of the game. Screen looker!

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We were (usually) *overly* fair if LTK wasn't on. We wouldn't fire at or (usually) pursue people who just spawned or didn't have a weapon. Heck, we used to turn the radar off so you would *have* to look at each other's screens. It was expected.

Then you'd get these crazy matches where you'd have two guys parked at opposite sides of the stage, in line with each other but too far to actually be seen, firing at each other blindly trying to gauge their aim by the stuff on the other's screen.

Never once did I hear the words 'screen cheating' until coming here. You were expected to watch and wait and dance and make ridiculous bankshots and set off other's explosives in mid-air and when you're obviously done for try to commit suicide in a way that takes out at least one other guy - can't let them have a kill count, now can we? My favorite was firing straight up in Temple. By the time they figure out what I was doing or manage to look up they probably get hit. They get a kill, but so do I ;*)

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Never once did I hear the words 'screen cheating' until coming here.

Same here.

steelman16
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey that sounds pretty cool to do! I might need to go home and try that out tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: