ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suspicious PD Files
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Suspicious PD Files Reply with quote Back to top

Based on recent advances in GE/PD, I will be going through the suspicious looking PD Files from Krijy's document and noting them here:

0205 - 015D2DD0 - 015C1420 - Usetupmp10Z

This is a beta Sewers setup! It is testing elevators, and contains only 3 elevators, that is all.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Beta Dam
010C - 013A4BD0 - 01393160 - BETA GoldenEye Dam solo setup something

B Y E L O M O R Y E D A M*
mi6 has confirmed the existence of a secret chemical warfare facility at the arkhangelsk dam, ussr. its heavily guarded location and workings are a cause for major concern. nerve gas produced there has been turning up in the hands of hostile regimes around the world and deals with international terrorists have been rumoured. this facility should be destroyed without prejudice.*
the area around the dam is well defended against a full scale military attack but they won't be expecting a lone agent. i've looked at the recon reports and decided that the easiest way to gain entrance to the weapons factory will be to bungee jump down the face of the dam. safe and simple. just throw yourself off the top and remember to look before you leap old chap.*
information concerning shipping and contacts is stored on a computer system in a secret ops room within the dam.with this covert modem connected to their satellite link we can intercept this data when a backup is carried out.*
hardly a lover's leap, james. be careful though, i hate to think of you falling for anyone else.*
neutralize all alarms*
install covert modem*
intercept data backup*
bungee jump from platform*
Byelomorye Dam, Archangel, USSR*

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Compared to regular Dam NONBETA

MI6 has confirmed the existence of a secret chemical warfare facility at the Byelomorye dam, USSR. Its heavily guarded location and workings are a cause for major concern. Nerve gas produced there has been turning up in the hands of hostile regimes around the world and deals with international terrorists have been rumored. This facility should be destroyed with extreme prejudice.*
The area around the dam is well defended against full scale military attack but a lone agent stands a much better chance. The easiest way to gain entrance to the weapons factory will be to get down the face of the dam. *Q had an idea about that.*
Information concerning shipping and contacts is stored on a computer system in a secret ops room within the dam. With this covert modem connected to their satellite link we can intercept the data when a backup is carried out.*As for getting down the dam, use the bungee rope. At the bottom of the jump, use the piton gun. Simple.
Hardly a lover's leap, James. Be careful though, I hate to think of you falling for anyone else.*
Neutralize all alarms*
Install covert modem*
Intercept data backup*
Bungee jump from platform*
Covert modem installed.*
Off-site data backup initiated.*
Off-site data backup completed.*
... backup failed.*
Main computer systems damaged.*Operational data lost.*
Covert modem not installed.*Data cannot be intercepted by MI6!*
Satellite communications link destroyed.*Data cannot be intercepted by MI6!*
Security gate A closing*- please wait...*
Security gate B closing*- please wait...*
B Y E L O M O R Y E D A M*
mi6 has confirmed the existence of a secret chemical warfare facility at the byelomorye dam, ussr. its heavily guarded location and workings are a cause for major concern. nerve gas produced there has been turning up in the hands of hostile regimes around the world and deals with international terrorists have been rumored. this facility should be destroyed with extreme prejudice.*
the area around the dam is well defended against a full scale military attack but a lone agent stands a much better chance.the easiest way to gain entrance to the weapons factory will be to get down the face of the dam. *q had an idea about that.*
information concerning shipping and contacts is stored on a computer system in a secret ops room within the dam. with this covert modem connected to their satellite link we can intercept the data when a backup is carried out.*as for getting down the dam, use the bungee rope. at the bottom of the jump, use the piton gun. simple.
hardly a lover's leap, james. be careful though, i hate to think of you falling for anyone else.*
neutralize all alarms*
install covert modem*
intercept data backup*
bungee jump from platform*
Byelomorye Dam, Arkangelsk, USSR*
Nine years ago*
covert modem*
covert modem*
covert modem*
Picked up a covert modem.*
Covert modem incorrectly installed.*

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

011A - 013A53F0 - 01393980 - BETA GoldenEye Streets solo setup something

S T . P E T E R S B U R G..use the stolen tank to chase the car containing natalya. you are up against a time limit

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly I cannot find much more Sad Let me know if you notice any suspicious files.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's interesting when you read both of those Dam language files. You can see that the finalized one featured in GoldenEye is written far better than the one leftover from an old build in Perfect Dark. Strangely, it seems as though the M Briefing and Q Branch reports are mixed together. Where M normally tells about the security situation at Byelmorye, they've also included the plan of entry. Not only that, but the term "old chap" can be seen. That's clearly one of Q's lines.

What I'm thinking, is that the M Briefing or Background may have at one time not existed. Due to the length of certain text, they needed to add an additional folder page. They then split them up, reorganized, and edited the final briefings. It seems quite likely, but it's very hard to tell with only one full beta language file to compare with.

Very cool find with that Sewers setup. Is there anything different between those elevators and the ones located in the finalized game?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think they're identical. I'm hoping there are a couple more simple setups like that, but there are so many unused (but empty) things it's hard to tell.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There also seem to be some doors hanging in nowhere below Carrington Villa. Not sure if that's just an output error, but they aren't used in game.

There's all sorts of unused presets. Notice all the 'door' positions in SkedarCS? They're huge! (271A & 271B) A lot of smaller ones lying around as well. Wonder if some of these were for touch-that-box...

You know, there is the off-chance that the text Rare had wasn't the text inserted in the game. Yeah, that sounds insane, right? Well, they undoubtedly wrote up what they wanted and sent it to someone who editted it, and they might have been in a seperate division or even someone from Nintendo. That was certainly the case with the japanese text. The final copy may not have been on-hand then when working on PD.

Funny. If you use an editted rom you get the message: "not a GoldenEye rom" but it still works ;*)

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about that huge area down of airbase? Is it used to something?

Just jump down on one corner of the elevator (without elevator to see it), there is invisible hole... Very Happy

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is strange? There are some weird PD text files located in Turok Rage Wars memory.

When me and DynimatePSX discovered the Arena there was some text files to boot.

here are a few

04. - Avenger
19. - Carrington
29. - MeatSIM
301. - Perfect Head

these were randomly in there

[/url]

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Temple has box locations in all the larger rooms! The low, large room has three stacked up in a way that can't possibly be random. They probably meant to put in some kind of broken stone object to act as cover.

The only thing I see below the elevators is the bottom of the ravine surrounding the stage. Hah! It would be neat to put stuff in there.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag, did you manage to find any other beta setups? Also, can the beta Sewers setup be used in PD?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly I did not. I assume the beta PD setup will work in PD, just swap the files, but it's only an elevator test setup.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh well... Would have been great if working GE/PD setup files were still in the ROM!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's too bad they deleted them, they really were starting off a beta build it seems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: