ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suspicious PD Files
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Datadyne building beta pads Reply with quote Back to top

When I was examoning the pads on the datadyne building I found something odd
The bottom floor must've been made last because the last navigaition pads are down there and something else Vaguely interesting
Nearly all the bg data glass was once real glass there's a beta glass pad on every one pluse three unknown (look like glass pads) in front of the front desk. Maybe you were able to leave the building by shooting out the flass but was then scrapped due to more collision detection work or the fact that the game was rushed

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They may have decided to make it a part of the background to keep the number of objects down, there's already a ton of guards down there and it lags pretty bad if you let them live too long.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have a proper ddhq setup file? The one I included with PD installer is wrong.

That's a cool thing to note.

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Do you have a proper ddhq setup file? The one I included with PD installer is wrong.

That's a cool thing to note.

Actually I used Krijy's pad finder I can't use the editor because my pc is too slow Crying or Very sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

018B - bgdata/bg_silo_padsZ - Unknown
018C - bgdata/bg_silo_tilesZ - Unknown

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About the dataDyne building glass, I found some leftover background glass in one of the windowsills on the top office floor...

It's a single triangular piece that takes up a very small portion of the frame. You can see from the impacts I've made from firing at it where the glass begins and ends. There's not another remaining piece anywhere else, that I've been able to find. Which leaves me to wonder, if Rare tried using both real object glass and fake background glass for the tower windows, in both upper and lower sections?

For the groundfloor area, they must've dropped the real glass objects and stuck with their background glass, because there was no purpose for you to fire through any of the windows. Unlike ther upper areas, where a hovercopter circles the building. Maybe during testing and objectives creation, they came to their final decision. Upper areas: real glass, lower area: fake glass. And this one tri of background glass managed to either sneak its way in through an employee, or was accidentally left in during the change. My money would be on the first of the two. Yep, somebody who worked hard to make all that glass wanted something to remain up there. They could point at it and say, "There it is... the glass that never was".

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weren't you to supposed to be able to walk outside?

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Weren't you to supposed to be able to walk outside?

Yes, you were! I used an Action Replay code to get on the ledge. The clipping was still there! I walked around the dD building. It was quite interesting, actually. I wonder would have been outside?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps at one time that was the only method of gaining entrance to a certain area. The door could've been locked, so you had no other choice but to blow out a window, step out onto the ledge, shimmy over, bust another window, and climb up inside. However, they may have thought it was a little too much for an introductory mission. Maybe testers didn't know about it, weren't able to figure out how to get into the locked room, or kept falling to their death when they did get outside. All it would take is a single enemy to fire off a few rounds to knock you to the pavement hundreds of feet below.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This has probably already been discussed somewhere, but at the end of the CI Training text file...

PP7*
TT33*
Skorpion*
AK47*
Uzi 9mm*
MP5K*
M-16*
FNP90*

The short names for the GE guns, still using their real names with the exception of the PP7. Note that these cannot be leftovers, this text file is brand new, not an edit of any of the ones from GE.

So what were they used for? Action blocks 1038-103F display this text when you activate the guns! Unfortunately, the glass prevents you from doing so, they should have tagged the glass panes instead.

I have two guesses about the names. First, we already know PD is based on an older version GE, before things like this got changed. It's possible they simply didn't remember what names were used in GE, outside of the PP7. Second, they may have already planned on coming up with new fake names for these guns in PD, and just left these real names in place until they decided on them. Since you could never activate them anyway, they probably just forgot to update the text file.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, so they planned on allowing players to read the names of the classic GoldenEye weapons displayed in the firing range? That's very interesting, DB.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I really wanted to post a patch, or at least some screenshots showing them off, but I can't get the setup to compress enough.

Edit: I just had a thought, Sub mentioned in the past that the drone gun object group isn't loaded correctly in the editor. I deleted the drone guns, and now the setup is compressing. All I need to do now is find are the correct panes of glass, and I should have a patch for you guys.

Edit 2: Maybe not. I changed the tag objects to the correct glass panes, but these messages still aren't being displayed. I'm wondering if maybe glass can't be activated, either that or it has a no interaction bitflag on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: