ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help with multiplayer level as solo mission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lukekols
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Help with multiplayer level as solo mission Reply with quote Back to top

I saw the tutorial on how to take a solo mission (runway) and create it into a selectable multiplayer level (archives). I figure if I want to take a multiplayer level, such as Temple, and make it into a solo mission and have it selectable on the solo missions page, such as in the spot of Facility, how do I do that? I tried doing the opposite of the tutorial I fore mentioned, but I think somewhere along the lines of 21990 messed me up. I can go to the facility stage, and I hear the different music that I selected start to play..but only for about 2 seconds and then my screen stays blank....any suggeestions? Any tutorials on this that I didn't see?

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's how ya do it...in the 21990 stage options, select the level you wanna replace (ex Facility). Under 'BG File' and 'Clipping File', change it to the multi level that you want in Solo. So if you wanted Library as a Solo mission, choose 'bg/bg_ame_all_p.seg' as a BG file and 'Tbg_ame_all_p_stanZ' as the clipping file.

Lukekols
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It still isn't working. It just crashes when it start to load the level. There must be something else I'm missing here...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you change the setup file and inject it whatever setup file you had listed?

Lukekols
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I got the level to come up and work. I replaced Runway with my Temple solo mission....how, however, I am getting that fog in the level that comes with Runway. I don't want it. Also, it appears that Bond is really small because it takes forever to move throughout the level. At first I thought I was permanently crouched but its just the size of him in the level.

How do I fix the fog and the size or scale of Bond????

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: The !nsane Way! Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Well, you *could* make a thousand an one changes to fix Runway so it is Temple, or...

The other way to do it is a little crazy but should work. Note, this would *only* work, and I mean only, if you are making a solo stage for an existing multiplayer-only level.

First thing to note, the current editor doesn't let you switch around the solo stage numbers for the solo stage select. That bit you'll need to do manually as outlined below. You'll need a hex editor, but that can't be helped. You could also use this one GS code if you really feel like it:
Code:
8002AC43 0026

You just set the thing to load Temple instead of Runway.

----
Making Temple selectable on the solo stage select:
Open up the editor and select '21990 modification' from the Tools menu. At this point select the 'Write 21990 File' button in the lower-right corner of the window. Save the 21990 someplace, because in a minute you'll have to hack the file to make Temple selectable. When its done you'll have an uncompressed copy of the file. *Don't close the window!* You'll use it in just a second.

This requires a hex editor, or if you're meddlesome enough we can probably make a patch for the 21990 file itself. I'm assuming NTSC file offsets, but then again I don't think the editor works for PAL...
Open it up in a hex editor and jump to offet 0x9EB3. Change the 0x23 here to 0x26. (Well, you can play with some other stuff too if you feel like it, but this changes the stage loaded)

Reinsertion!
Close the 21990 file, and in the editor select 'Import 21990'

----
There are two ways to do this next part. If method one doesn't work or throws some stupid error, try method two.

There's an advanced user feature in the 21990 block that changes the names of the files in the main rom index. This is on the 'Stage Options' tab. You're going to play a little trick with the briefing file and setup file you already have. At the bottom of the window there's a series a drop-down window named 'Files'. Now, one of these two methods should work for you.

1) method one
On the far right is a box that should be blank. Type this into the box, precisely (no caps, etc):
Code:
UsetupdishZ

Now, select the button just below the box that says 'add file with name above'. Select your setup file for Temple's solo setup.

I don't think you'll need to do the same for the briefing file. Just change the one for Runway. I think it does a seperate string lookup for that one so filenames aren't as important.

Finally, select the 'Write Rom with 21990 Modifications' button at the bottom of the window. Let it putz about a bit, and when its finished you'll have a fresh new rom with Temple solo.
(*; Hopefully ;*)

2) method two
Replace Runway's solo setup with your new one for Temple however it was you did it before. Afterwards, open the 21990 mod window and make sure the selected rom is the one with your new setup in it.
Select '0276 UsetuprunZ' from the dropdown box named 'Files'. On the right in the text box, change the name to:
Code:
UsetupdishZ

Select the button just above the text box labelled 'rename current file'. This renames Runway's solo setup to Temple's solo setup.

Finally, select the 'Write Rom with 21990 Modifications' button at the bottom of the window. Let it putz about a bit, and when its finished you'll have a fresh new rom with Temple solo.
(*; Hopefully ;*)

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: The Sensible Way :( Reply with quote Back to top

Stage numbers assign all sorts of things, from stage scales to music. If you want to fix the project you already have, you need to make a few dozen changes to the 21990 file.

Open up the '21990 Modification' window from the Tools menu. If your editted rom isn't the one named at the top of the window, change it now. Select the tab that says 'stage options', then using the drop-down menu just below the tab select '0F Runway'.

What you're going to be doing is copying most (if not all) of the values from Temple into Runway's slot. Temple, by the way, is 12 in the drop down list.

Here's the big changes though:
scale: 0.4714285731
unknown float: 4.5537338257 (just to be on the safe side)
-mgfx: 130
-mvtx: 100

sky values
rgb: 18182801
blen mult: 10
far fog: 6000
near fog: 0
cloud r: 160.0000000000
cloud g: 160.0000000000
cloud b: 160.0000000000
Max Obj: 0
Far Obj: 0
Cloud Repeat: 10000

That should get you a 1-1 stage. Well, mostly. Everything else is at your own discression. So maybe that is a lot easier than the absurd way, but it lacks style.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a copy fog and paste fog button on there you can use!

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot about that... Well, either way ;*)

The older release didn't have it, and I was on the 98 at the time. Besides, everyone would assuredly do it the long, nasty, painful way. It's just so neat!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: