ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A Nasty and Vile Rumor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: A Nasty and Vile Rumor Reply with quote Back to top

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/No_Title/4272.html

Because I believe it's bs. But wish it to be true. (Thanks to Hylian for letting me know)

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BS.

I read somewhere that approval is required from Nintendo too, because the game used some of their propietary code.

Do you really think that they would give their code to their competitor?

eshocker6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm definitely hoping this is true. I would much rather have Goldeneye and Perfect Dark be released onto the Xbox Live Arcade than the Virtual Console because of Nintendo claiming that they don't want to modify games, making any "Remade Version" with online play, new graphics and such impossible. On top of that, I have what seems like a billion friends who play on Xbox Live (most of which like Goldeneye) Smile. My only concern is if who ever would be making this would tweak the game play with weird new mechanics and try to rather than adapt the old control scheme for the new controller, rework it to make it "Next Gen". Obviously, a next gen control scheme would be a bad idea for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://sabretooth.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/89/89f6b1eaf273079613d4171f84a2afe4a23f8e84.jpg

I think (and hope) it's a fake.

Last edited by SubDrag on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

: ( son of a bitch! I don't have Xbox Live GOLD.

I really need to get it!

eshocker6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

O_O I'm assuming that that is either an amazing Goldeneye emulation re texture or an actual screen shot for this Xbox Live remake (not that I know where you would get such a privilege to get an actual screen shot for it) . The first one sounds more likely though.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like I've seen those guards somewhere before, in some other game.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Probably a shot from GE Source with the old ammo count pasted in.

EDIT: If not that, I read that there's a GE mod for Unreal Tournament 2004 as well.

eshocker6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry it looks nothing like GE Source. Doesn't resemble the classic or GE Source take on Facility. Link:http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php/Ge_facility_classic http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php/Ge_facility

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about the UT2K4 mod?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, for starters, those aren't actually russian uniforms. Besides, these meat sacks shouldn't have rank.

I really, really hope this is a fake. Seriously. A rerelease of GE would be great, but this just doesn't feel right.
Unfortunately, there's enough there to make it at least appear as though it is running under the GE engine. The round shadow where it belongs under the guard, they're all in their animations. Plus, no blood apparently.
Fortunately, there isn't a bullet casing getting ejected, and it would be easy to say that redoing the textures in such a way would probably be more painfully involved than they'd ever feel like attempting.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That pic doesn't really "click" with me. It just doesn't feel right.

If it's not from a PC remake, it's probably Photoshop.

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that picture looks extremely fake! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jupiter64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That picture is fake. It's a mod for some WWII game i think.

The ammo amount was pasted from the UT2K4 mod.

It's fake

But if the game is released that would be cool

steelman16
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The picture looks like a fake because what does the 60.00 at the upper right corner mean?? But the graphics look completly awesome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: