ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Jan 8 News: GoldenEye is coming to Xbox Live Arcade!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Jan 8 News: GoldenEye is coming to Xbox Live Arcade! Reply with quote Back to top

================================
Rumor: Rare Bringing Goldeneye to Xbox Arcade
By Susan Arendt January 08, 2008 | 6:07:59 PMCategories: Console Games
The folks at Xbox Evolved are of the belief that Rare will be bringing N64 classic Goldeneye to the Xbox Live Arcade.

Citing "very reliable sources," as well as "seeing evidence ourselves," the site suggests that Goldeneye will make it to the Arcade shortly before Activision releases the new Bond game. Goldeneye would naturally sport revamped graphics and Live-capable multiplayer.

Fingers crossed that the rumor pans out. Goldeneye still lands on "Best Multiplayer Games Ever" lists; the chance to play it online is tantalizing.

Xbox Evolved also claims that Rare will be bringing more of its back catalog to the Arcade, including Banjo Kazooie and one of my favorite games, Perfect Dark.

Rareware Is Revisiting 007 [Xbox Evolved]

===================================
===================================

GoldenEye coming to Xbox 360?By James Orry - 09/01/2008 - 12:19pm GMT
The Buzz: Also talk of Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie making their way to Xbox LIVE Arcade.

Rare's seminal N64 first-person shooter GoldenEye has been a long-time favourite amongst gamers as a title they want to see made available on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Despite the difficulty in this coming to light - Activision now owns the license and the fact that the original title was released for the N64 - rumours persist that one day Xbox 360 gamers will be running around Facility in LIVE enabled multiplayer matches.

According to Xbox Evolved an XBLA port of GoldenEye is definitely on the way and will be released with improved visuals and the all-important LIVE multiplayer support. The website states the game will be released shortly before Activision's first title using the James Bond license.

Xbox Evolved also notes that it has evidence which points towards the Xbox LIVE Arcade releases of Rare's N64 favourites Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie.
Rare's seminal N64 first-person shooter GoldenEye has been a long-time favourite amongst gamers as a title they want to see made available on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Despite the difficulty in this coming to light - Activision now owns the license and the fact that the original title was released for the N64 - rumours persist that one day Xbox 360 gamers will be running around Facility in LIVE enabled multiplayer matches.

According to Xbox Evolved an XBLA port of GoldenEye is definitely on the way and will be released with improved visuals and the all-important LIVE multiplayer support. The website states the game will be released shortly before Activision's first title using the James Bond license.

Xbox Evolved also notes that it has evidence which points towards the Xbox LIVE Arcade releases of Rare's N64 favourites Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie.

We contacted Microsoft for comment on the rumour, but as is standard for the publisher, a representative told us: "We don't comment on rumour or speculation." At least it's not a flat out denial. The dream lives on.

===========================

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cannot wait for the release of Goldeneye 007 on XBLA! The online should be amazing and they've re-amped the graphics a little, check it out!

steelman16
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is awesome! I can't wait to play it, when does it come out?

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apparantly it isn't true!

http://mundorare.com/news/2008/rare-is-not-revamping-its-nintendo-catalogue-for-xbox-360/

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly that's what I figured.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that's that. We're back to square 1. Rolling Eyes

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWls4S_qu8

Wow! I want the old textures back, but wow.

FILTHSLAYER
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye on xbox live arcade Reply with quote Back to top

they brought duke nukem 3d to xbox live. so theres a good chance they will do it with goldeneye. because that came out shortly after and has a much bigger following despite only being on nintendo 64 until they brought it out on the wii. i hope they also bring the world is not enough 64 to xbox live arcade.

my username on here is my xbox live gamertag. look out for me on pro evo 6, gta 4 and duke nukem 3d. they are the games i mostly play online on. i don't add someone straightaway unless i know them because of the hackers. so if i don't accept your friend request thats why.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

really, I think it's been already settled that Xbox360 port of GE is NOT going to see the light of day after all.
Politics are to blame, apparently, as key players on the subject are not willing to let it happen. There's a lot of controversy on who exactly is to blame. Some say Nintendo, some say the current holders of the rights to make new bond games. I lost interest in the matter but the bottom line is that it won't come out. Unless I'm terribly wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: