ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER] [PD to GE] Grid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER] [PD to GE] Grid Reply with quote Back to top

Zoinkity and I are getting way better at pumping these things out! I am particularly proud of Grid. This one is going to make a SPECTACULAR GE Level!

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=91

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I've now soiled myself!

eshocker6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*hyperventilates*

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to people playing it online and capturing footage!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is just me being me so don't rip me a new butt hole! But I'm just curious with the drop down in ge vs. pd where a ge level you teleport or disappear, whereas in pd you can shoot a falling player. The question is, would you ever consider some of the pd map conversions with the ge no falling from ledges? I'm just curious about it from a possibility perspective. Is it like an on or off situation in a level like Grid?

Oh I shouldn't have come back to this thread because I've soiled myself again!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the view thing only matters for ladders. Grid uses clipping that lets you fall down the elevator shaft, but not back up. G5 building also uses this. I believe those are ok.

There are a bunch of falls that don't get put into GE and it changes the levels, not necessarily for the worst.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="GE MASTER"]The question is, would you ever consider some of the pd map conversions with the ge no falling from ledges? I'm just curious about it from a possibility perspective. Is it like an on or off situation in a level like Grid?
quote]

It seems you either like it or you don't. I've gotten hate mail (no joke) both ways so far. At the least it isn't another Citadel mail. Those were the worst.

The problem with players falling is an odd one. In GE all players and any character without a special bitflag toggled is immediately forced to the ground. If you watch AI in certain stages such as Dam, the guards walking on the top of the watchtowers can fall down properly as in PD due to the bitflag, but other guards you coerce up there will do the same as a player in GE because they lack it. Heck, you have to flip a bitflag to get them to run up ramps right...

Not sure if anyone noticed, but G5 was provided both ways. The idea was to see which way people hated more and go with the opposite ;*) In G5 it was a huge issue due to massive jumps across wide expanses, but in the other stages the drop has been fairly short and relatively unnoticable, up until this elevator shaft. In general the leaps were favored, and a lot of people were irate that you can't walk off that spiral-ish staircase segment.

You can actually block these things off rather easily. In Grid's case, you remove the connection to the drop to the top ledge. That's a toggle in the editor. If you redo connections in Chicago you'll pretty much remove all the drops - most were manually made. In Car Park it gets a little more dicey, but essentially you remove the connections along the top ledge face.
The clipping editor in the visual window is rather easy to use, so you can probably make these changes yourself, then reinject the altered binary.

Eventually the problem will be solved. I don't have to go into how big a nightmare it will be to do so... I've been meaning to test it for a few weeks, but it may be possible to toggle the drop flag in the player's guard data. (Yes, players have guard data linked to them besides the 0x27A0...) Otherwise, we'll need to change the location checked for displaying a character to that of the viewport. The annoying thing is testing it, because you need to use Nemu to work on the code but its rdp fries when you fall from a surface! Aegh...

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok sorry to have opened this up, I was asking just from a curiosity point of view. Hate mail? Wow, ungrateful dicks!!

Speaking of G5, it was interesting, I read somewhere that Rare never did want people to be able to fall to their death off the ramps. Interesting. I don't know if that was their feeling about all of the PD death drops or not.

Okay, I've played it!! Yes! Brilliant. The framerate is sooooo fast. Amazing guys. Oh, tell me, is this a Subby and Zoinkity credit map? Or one guy? I need to rename for the .ini Mupen file.

This was my favorite PD map!

One note, not sure if this is by design. Bullets shoot through the glass like from a kf7, but grenade launcher grenades will not pass through. Just passing along that info.

Did you guys test the elevator for the facility bathroom ceiling glitch where you can climb back up? I'm sure this will work just like in Aztec also. I will try if you can't say for sure. Of course I'm guessing you have to be fast with the door! Otherwise, if the door wasn't there, you could have a way of getting to the top quite easily.

Is it possible to re-release this so that it is unlocked for 3 and 4 players? Having a problem getting this map to show, not sure how I can do this.

On the falling aspect, in this map it's great. Personally I prefer not falling off ledges if it means that teleporting glitch. Shooting a falling enemy ala PD is more sensible to me.

Again, this is just such an amazing achievement! Yes, yes, need to play online and capture footage.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I'll fix 3P and 4P right now! I can't wait to play this online and see footage! You can't climb back up the elevator shaft, only down.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All credit goes to Sub. All I did was add the elevator drop, delete a couple things, add part of a wall - there was one other thing too... Expect more of these PD stages and more quickly as well.

The shaft isn't any different from those in Aztec, so it has the potential for the glitch to work. I haven't gotten it to work myself, but I'm not that good at it either. Maybe because of the scale it won't. Who knows? It is a glitch after all.

Yeah, I've gotten hate mail from a lot of people. Most of it had to do with Citadel, because until recently Detstar was 'the authority' on Citadel and he said it wasn't playable, and that didn't end until all their GE stuff went down. Never mind that they could have maybe tried the thing themselves...
Most recently though it's been about these new stages not being 100% complete reproductions of PD, as in a box or two might be missing, or you can't fall from this obscure surface, or you can fall from another, etc. Fanboys, in other words.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just start to do GE maps in PD, now.... Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's how this started originally. I tried moving Bunker II into PD a year ago. Got a few rooms, but there's something that screws it all up.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LMAO Zoinkity at your reply. Sorry if you were being serious, but that is just over the top. Wow, ungrateful! It's too funny to be true, but I guess it's true as you say. Well I'm amazed at the stuff you guys do. Simply over the top. Grid is like just the ultimate conversion! Thanks so much.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is just too much, man. Don't make any more, or you'll end up being charged with murder... Razz

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
Just start to do GE maps in PD, now.... Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think I have to side with fantsu here. Perfect Dark sure has a lot of weapon mod codes, but that's it. We need level mods too, you know. Even though it's messy or something - maybe send the code for us to try.

Krijy's guide is very big and with a limited attention span it's hard to know how to make levels with raw coding. I want to learn how to mod PD rooms instead of just the weapons and making other tiny little codes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: