ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I was gone, but I'm back, I just upgraded my PC!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: I was gone, but I'm back, I just upgraded my PC!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I upgraded to 2GB Dual channel RAM, (from 512MB) and Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 256MB (Used to have ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB, Then it screwed up and I had to use a Nvidia 5200FX which sucked...), Now I can play a lot faster, like half the CPU cost (from 40% to 20%), and I can record with hypercam up to 1600X1200 with little performance loss, I can't wait to play some games online with you guys.

PS. I have an idea to get the USB adapter so I can compete with everyone "honorably", but it'll take a couple weeks maybe, late better than never. Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm about to get a better pc myself, looking froward to playing you.

Dizzy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since we have a similar rig, have you tried the 1964 hack? The one that makes GE run at 60fps?

I love project64 and it's my favourite N64 emulator by far, but when it comes to Goldeneye this little hack makes all the difference. You can apply the same plugins as in Project64 and it looks as awesome as in Project. Absolutely none slowdowns, even firing rockets like hell in a 4 players match.

I believe if I want to play online, I must switch to PJ64, right?

I also bought the adapters from ebay. They'll be around next week I think, so you'll probably see me online.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great! Okay, you need Mupen64k to play GE online. http://www.GoldenEyeOnline.com

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've now got the PC to play GE online! Can't wait to!

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Sweet Reply with quote Back to top

Thats really cool, I have a plan to get myself an adapter.. and I'll get it ordered by this weekend if I can.
Then I can play the best way, the easy way, the honorable way, and the right way, lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh, and now I can't find my adaptoid eek

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to give PS2 emulation a go... but it's still way too slow, some considerable improvements.. but not much.

So soon I will get a Intel Quad Core 2.4Ghz... That would triple my speed... (800Mhz differential per core, you do the math)
Still... by then maybe I'd be able to play a game somewhat smooth, but I'll never achieve the best, because Ps2 emulation is still needing improvements here and there.

PS3 emulation is far far from now...

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dangerousd777 wrote:
I tried to give PS2 emulation a go... but it's still way too slow, some considerable improvements.. but not much.

So soon I will get a Intel Quad Core 2.4Ghz... That would triple my speed... (800Mhz differential per core, you do the math)
Still... by then maybe I'd be able to play a game somewhat smooth, but I'll never achieve the best, because Ps2 emulation is still needing improvements here and there.

PS3 emulation is far far from now...

I'm able to upgrade because this motherboard supports my cpu, and the upgrade! (Asus is good Very Happy)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found the adaptoid and it's awesome!! I'm running GE at 1920 x 1200. WOW. WOW. I hope I can play online with Vista!!

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I found the adaptoid and it's awesome!! I'm running GE at 1920 x 1200. WOW. WOW. I hope I can play online with Vista!!

Sweet, I'd run GE that high, And I'd know i'd be able to but my monitor still limits me to 1600X1200 75Hz... but thats better than 1024X768 60Hz... 60Hz hurts my eyes...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you do full screen you get the full resolution.

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dizzy wrote:
Since we have a similar rig, have you tried the 1964 hack? The one that makes GE run at 60fps?

I love project64 and it's my favourite N64 emulator by far, but when it comes to Goldeneye this little hack makes all the difference. You can apply the same plugins as in Project64 and it looks as awesome as in Project. Absolutely none slowdowns, even firing rockets like hell in a 4 players match.

I believe if I want to play online, I must switch to PJ64, right?

I also bought the adapters from ebay. They'll be around next week I think, so you'll probably see me online.

Well.. which one? Can you link to it? because I haven't been able to find it.

Dizzy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Well.. which one? Can you link to it? because I haven't been able to find it.

I bought them from this seller:

USB CONTROLLER ADAPTER for PS2 Playstation N64 to PC

I think he has no longer stock on that item. Anyways, contact him and ask if he'll have stock again.

He has 100% possitive feedback and over 30.000 sells, so it's quite good I guess.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go to ztnetstore they have them and cheap. Otherwise, use gameasylum.com becasue they are very reliable and many payment methods.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: