ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

If GoldenEye would come out on XBLA, GS codes possible? Or?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: If GoldenEye would come out on XBLA, GS codes possible? Or? Reply with quote Back to top

Since the experts visit here, I'll ask the question. What could happen in that regard? I can't see how you could get any cheats or new levels in there, but what do you guys think? It would be amazing to play so many people for sure, but man, I'm really spoiled with all the GS goodies.

eshocker6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I browse the Xbox modding/homebrew community every once in a while and I'd have to say yes eventually, but not anytime soon and it wouldn't be worth it Sad . From what I understand, an XBLA game comes in a .LIVE file format. You can extract whatever is inside of this file and possibly edit it, but these .LIVE files aren't without encryption. These files have a signature signed by MS that are required to make your content playable, these signatures aren't possible to regenerate and even if they were, you'd obviously get banned from XBL if you're using these edited files (the files within the LIVE file, or the more popular term LIVE "Container"). This would not be worth it. Besides that, there is still the possibility of editing a save file (.con). I really have no idea what the .con file might contain that would have relevance to level editing, but who knows. Oh and, once again you'll be banned from Xbox Live. I wouldn't do either of these for multiple reasons. (The first being that I'm anti modding on Live due to how Microsoft reacts to modding on Live)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: