ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DELETED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Anyone into astronomy? Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am, though not as much as when I was younger. I try to watch every eclipse visible here and anything else interesting but this area is so light-polluted you can't see much of anything. Right now (literally) Venus and Jupiter should be rising in the eastern sky, they're supposed to be really close together so I think I'll go have a look in a few minutes.

Edit: Bah, right after posting this I looked out my window and noticed it was completely clouded over. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow, they're supposed to be visible together through mid-February from what I remember.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess so. Besides, I think I saw a planet recently (Mars? It was kinda yellow/orange).
Ok, so now I got an astronomy/physics related question...
What causes gravity?
No one knows atm, but physicists are working to prove its origin.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was it overhead? Mars is pretty much overhead now, it was very close to the moon about a week ago, I happened to notice it while taking some trash out.

Cloudy and pouring rain today.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it was overhead when I saw it, but not close to the moon. I'll have to try and find it again...I saw it around late Dec to early Jan.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got to see Venus and Jupiter together this morning and I didn't even have to leave the house, I just looked out my back window. Smile

I saw Venus through perfectly clear skies on the 31st but it was already too bright to see Jupiter. I saw Venus again yesterday but it was pretty cloudy out and Jupiter must've been obscured. It was cloudy again this morning but both of them just happened to be sitting right in the center of a big clear patch--if I waited a few minutes longer it probably would've been too light to see Jupiter again, there's a small window where it's above the treeline but the sky's still dark enough to see it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just letting everyone know that there's a total lunar eclipse Wednesday at 8:43 PM EST (1:43 GMT). It's the last one until December 21st, 2010 so get out and see it if it's visible from where you live. They're predicting snow here so I'll probably miss out on seeing it.

steelman16
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have not really gotten into astronomy that much because I have not taken an astronomy class yet, but I am willing to learn about astronomy though.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, that's really cool. I saw a fireball when I was about five years old, I was riding in the car with my parents and this really bright white light came overhead moving parallel to us. My dad pulled over and we got out and watched it as it flew off to the horizon. Very cool, I've never seen one in person since.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had perfect luck so far tonight. I looked out at 8:00 and it was still snowing, completely clouded over, I figured I wouldn't even bother going out. Then at 8:40 I looked out and noticed a huge hole in the clouds, went outside and the moon was clearly visible. The clouds are completely gone now and the moon is a distorted crescent, hopefully it stays this clear through the whole thing.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear that, I was just remarking earlier today about how I've only seen three or four truly clear eclipses, the rest were seen through haze, clouds, or not seen at all. There's just a little bit of the moon left right now and the shadowed area is becoming visible, it's dark brown. There are some clouds in the west again and I'm worried they're going to fill the sky again soon.

Edit: Coming out of total eclipse now, those clouds stayed in the west the entire time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: