ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problem getting PC to connect to GS Pro v3.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigerpaw28
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Problem getting PC to connect to GS Pro v3.2 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't seem to get my PC to connect to my GS Pro v3.2 no matter what I try. The GS lights up and is working properly and I have the GSCC utility running on Windows XP. I've gone into my BIOS and changed the LPT setting from bi-directional to EPP and/or ECP (I've tried both ways). And everytime I tried to auto-detect the settings I get the same thing: Device Not Found.

Looking at the properties for my parallel port (in Device Manager), I found one option for 'legacy Plug N' Play' and one for whether or not to use an interrupt. Neither of them seem to have an effect. The only thing I can see that might be wrong, is that in my BIOS, the port numbers I can choose from aren't quite the same as the ones in the configuration menu of GSCC. The numbers are the same (228, 278, etc.) but in the BIOS they're followed by a lowercase 'h' (i.e. 228h).

Is this the problem, or something else?

-Tigerpaw28

DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Tigerpaw28
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've already read that post. As the second sentence of my original post said, I know my Gameshark Pro is a version 3.2 with a working LED light. So, the the stickied post is of no help to me.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 'h' indicates it is a hex value. That's what it should be.

XP is rather picky about its ports, but it could be an issue with the way GSCC is set up. Have you tried the hacked Datel utilities?
http://doc.kodewerx.net/tools/n64/patch_n64_utils.zip
(plus userport for XP support...)
http://doc.kodewerx.net/tools/misc/userport.zip
With NT systems we sort of assume it's a port access problem. If neither utility works, then that's probably what's up.
You could try registering totalio or userport. If that does no good, go into device drivers, hit 'show hidden', show by connection, and set the DLL's mode to automatic or system.

If you still can't connect to it there's some hardware issue at work. Either the cable is bad, you aren't getting a complete connection, the port on the GS screwed up (had to resolder mine - they soldered two pins together), etc. The GS uses EPP, but ECP carries this support. Set it back to whatever you had it set to originally.

Hard to say what could be the problem. The GS is finicky at best.

Tigerpaw28
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help zoinkity! After I registered and activated TotalIo, I was able to get GSCC and the Datel Utilities to detect the Gameshark.

But it still failed to download the codelist. So I tried fiddling with the settings some more. No luck. Finally I decide to look at the pins in the GS's port. No problem there either. I go to reconnect the cable, making sure I'm pushing it in as far as I possibly can. Bingo! That did the trick.

I've got it running just fine and dandy with GSCC now. Thanks again zoinkity!

-Tigerpaw28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: