ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Use HL2 Hammer Editor to create GE Levels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillyGlenn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It's not textured though...hmm.

yeah that was the same problem i had.
Click in crafty on help and choose console
in the middle there should be something like:

Loading materials from BSP file...
0 materials loaded from BSP file.
Building source game references for half-life 2...
WAD file ge.wad not found.
Material image1139 not found.
Material image284 not found.
Material image291 not found.
Material image699 not found.
Material image720 not found.
0/5 materials built.

you need to include the wad file into the bsp.
in the compiling window of hammer were "run csg" "runs bsp" and those stuff is click on expert.
now click on the csg and put this in the parameter

$path\$file -wadinclude ge ("ge" is the wad file. you need change it if you use a other one)

Now press GO and your textures should work

but i still getting this error

"Bitmap must be 8 bit"

EDIT:

i found out that crafty convert the bmp to 16 bit.
So i convert it manually to 8 bit and tried to load it into ge editor but this freeze the whole programm

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help again, I'll give it a try later. For importing to the setup editor try converting your bitmaps to 15-bit, that's what it exports and I think that's what I used when I imported my test room before.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I was able to save my textures to the ROM but when trying to view them through the image tools the setup editor crashes just like when trying to view the PD levels on this computer. I imported textures with an older version of the setup editor before with no trouble so my only guess is whatever is causing the PD levels to crash is also preventing me from viewing my imported textures.

Does anyone want to see if they can get this test room imported? I'll upload the .obj and textures if anyone wants to try.

BillyGlenn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah same here.
it just crash the Goldeneye editor with the "send to microsoft" error

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you using a textures.txt file when you convert the level, full of the exact bitmap names.

For example: (txt file)
column.bmp
diamond1.bmp

Then choose an input ROM, then output ROM, then choose the .obj file. It will generate roompositions.txt and then export bgfile using this (after deleting portals). Now you can save as project and make clipping after.

So what do you get? It sounds like you're making serious progress!

BillyGlenn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

txt file:

ge_texture_0.bmp
ge_texture_1.bmp
ge_texture_2.bmp
ge_texture_3.bmp
ge_texture_4.bmp

after choosing the output rom the editor chrashes

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And all the bitmaps are in that same directory? Can you post the text file + bitmaps so I can try too.

BillyGlenn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes they are in the same directory.

If i try to convert the map with the orignial bmp files it says:

"Must be 8-Bit Error converting image...."

If i reduce the bmp to 8 bit and than try to convert the map it crash

bsp, wad, mtl, obj, bmp, txt:

http://rapidshare.com/files/90926528/Goldeneye_Map_test.rar.html

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I'm taking a long look at this, and I think we can use definitely use this method! They must be 8-bit bitmaps for starters (256 color), and there are some random editor crashes but I've got it going. One thing is your mtl are missing Kd 1.0 1.0 1.0 so they appear all black in-game, and you need to also export with axis's flipped as room (since apparently this tool has the axes flipped like blender). More soon. If you added Kd 1.0 1.0 1.0 line in each mtl in the .mtl file it will help the import colors.

I need another day to work out more exact details, but never fear, your hard work will pay off and this method definitely will work! I think I need some minor editor updates as well to handle it.

BillyGlenn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sounds good hope to see a tutorial soon Very Happy

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear this method will work, I'll wait until you release the editor update to try my room again. Here's a screenshot if anyone's interested in what it looks like in Hammer.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reminds me of the execution room in the basement of Archives, except for no pillars. Very cool. I'm hoping this all turns out well and will be able to cooperate with the GoldenEditor. I've had plenty of ideas, but no way to accomplish them.

Fingers crossed.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will be updating tonight with new editor and tutorial.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's up!!!

http://www.goldeneyevault.com

This should fix some outstanding editor bugs and handle the new hammer process! Everyone try it! This could be huge for the editor.

Here's the patch I resulted in (note scale needs to be changed, you can manually edit levelmacros.ini later to change it).

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/hammerpatch.ips

Note: I used paint to change the textures to 8-bit bitmaps so the conversion looks awful on textures. I could use touchups (like clipping wise you sort of walk to the edge of the wall a bit too far) and players start at the same spot, but just proving it works!

Stan Convert once in a while accidentally deletes a clipping tri (still can't figure out why), so once you've got it just check and manually put it back by room positions mode if so.

BillyGlenn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great tutorial thanks Cool

I hope to see some good community maps soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: