ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problem with Hammer 3d camera window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Problem with Hammer 3d camera window Reply with quote Back to top

Ok this is starting to drive me a little bit crazy - I can no longer select ANYTHING by clicking on walls in the 3d/camera window (the upper-left window) - I used to be able to do this, now I can't. I've tried opening different maps, creating a new map from scratch, even re-installing hammer, all to no avail.

Is there some kind of setting I need to change? I can't even select textures in texture mode (I can select stuff in the other 3 windows - the 2d windows, just not in the 3d window)

Without being able to do this hammer is all but useless to me.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A solution could be that you don't need to reinstall Hammer..perhaps you need to reinstall Zoner's Half Life Tools? Those tools (specifically the Selection Tool and the Apply Texture Tool) are the things giving you trouble, not Hammer itself..

Another suggestion..like did it used to work before? Are you using Windows 2000?

A third...try switching the types of display corners of the views..for instance..in the top left corner of the top left (3D Textured) box, switch its identity to something like 2D top. Then switch a 2D box to any 3D kind (Textured, Polygon, or Wireframe). See if you can select anything in the new 3D box..

Do your navigation controls still work for the 3D view? (W-A-S-D-Up-Left-Down-Right)

When you try to select a block, are you certain you're using the Selection tool? I just tested and yeah you can't select a block while using the Block tool..

Also, take a look at this..

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=953561

I hope some of these things help.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried all the above stuff and no luck. I tested the compiling, I was able to fully compile a mp with no problems, so I assume I have the tools set up correctly.

Everything works in the 3D window EXCEPT selection. I can navigate fine, and if I select the object from one of the 2d windows instead, it highlights correctly in 3D window - but then if I click my mouse in the 3d window, whatever I had selected is no longer selected and nothing else will select either. In texture mode, if I select a texture in 2d mode, the texture highlights in the 3d window, but when I click in the 3d window, absolutely nothing happens and the selected texture remains selected.

This is really bizarre.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait....I now vaguely recall DB mentioning some kind of 3D Camera glitch with Hammer 3.5...are you using 3.5 or 3.4? (I never upgraded to 3.5 because of this--I use 3.4)

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried both 3.4 and 3.5 - same behavior in both.

I'm to the point of wanting to just get rid of every trace of hammer on this PC and re-install from scratch. Problem is even after an uninstall there's still some stuff leftover because after a re-install when I go to my settings the wad files are still attached to the hammer configuration (I don't have to re-add them)

Any suggestions on how to 100 percent get rid of this off my system?

(btw I've used hammer fine on this exact pc and windows configuration before)

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:

Any suggestions on how to 100 percent get rid of this off my system?

My guess is to try and locate some kind of compatible Registry Clearer/Cleaner. I'm no expert, though I'm pretty sure even after you do an uninstall through control panel, it still leaves a trace of the program in the registry..

Or a safer solution..once you uninstalled Hammer, did you restart your computer, and then reinstall Hammer once your computer has booted?

I'm just coming up with ideas...

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
My guess is to try and locate some kind of compatible Registry Clearer/Cleaner. I'm no expert, though I'm pretty sure even after you do an uninstall through control panel, it still leaves a trace of the program in the registry..

Or a safer solution..once you uninstalled Hammer, did you restart your computer, and then reinstall Hammer once your computer has booted?

I'm just coming up with ideas...

Well to me thus are some good ideas.

But to delete all the Hammer setup and unstall all its componets you need to delete it yourself in order to do that you need to go in Start and rite click on All Programs then click on explore ok. Next look in the programs files and look for the Hammer editor. Then delete the File and then reinstall it. It sud be like new agane. Hope this works BMW and good luck

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For a registry cleaner. Use CCleaner.
It cleans your history/temp interwebs files etc
And it can check for registry errors

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
For a registry cleaner. Use CCleaner.
It cleans your history/temp interwebs files etc
And it can check for registry errors

Is it free?

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes CCleaner is free and i can also say its very good program

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ill need to check this program out. It may speed up my computer.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

could be graphics card settings, I've had those mess with my editing programs in the past. Try rolling back your driver or messing with your settings.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
could be graphics card settings, I've had those mess with my editing programs in the past. Try rolling back your driver or messing with your settings.

Oh i forgot abowt the Grafet card settings.

It maybe it is his grafet card.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Entropy Soldier wrote:

Well I tried disabling all of my hardware accelerations (in the Advanced---troubleshooting tab from my main ATI driver tab) and that fixed the problem.

So now does anybody have any idea specifically which settings I need to change? I don't really want to run this in this mode because I can't have anything else such as the setup editor running in the background, plus hammer runs slower this way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: