ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Most annoying character...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Most annoying character... Reply with quote Back to top

Who would you say is the most annoying character in PD?

I would say Elvis, purely for the fact that I can't stand his voice!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Grimshaw... who actually contributed to the new name of the PD hacking forum.
"Welcome to Hacker Central."

It's almost like Rare's response to all of the GoldenEye and Banjo-Kazooie hackers out there. A silly way to poke fun at them, by making the head computer technician such a whiney b*tch. I've put my fair share of combat knives into him...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

elvis.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jonathan "I'll just shoot Elvis in the head now thank you very much" Whatever-his-last-name-is.

Elvis is one thing. He's usually just off "checking the perimeter", which can be summed up as "not there".

On the contrary, Jonathan *acts* like he's useful. He runs back halfway through the stage to get himself killed, walks into explosions, and most notably, turns full round when nobody is around, aims straight down, and shoots Elvis in the back of the head.

On the plus side he does get brutally murdered in the Institute... It hardly makes up for his crimes against humanity, but at least after that he's quiet.

-
Voice was not a good addition to PD. My favorite line was:
"That's not Harry, it's an intruder!"
What sort of idiot would confuse some underpayed government lab drone with a gun-toting, trigger happy maniac who's rather obviously the wrong gender. They might as well have said:
"There you are Harry. Why you packing so much heat? Are you moonlighting as an illegal weapon distributor? This is sort of uncomfortable, but you look disturbingly attractive today for some reason. I'm not saying anything, but its almost like you're a completely different person since you went to the bathroom a few minutes ago. Hey, you can put the gun down - I'm not really coming onto you. Really. Oh, and over there is the highly-classified alien carcass we get to dissect. Neat huh? Wait, why are you shooting guards? How could you? No, I don't have a keycard! Oh - oh! You're not Harry at all, are you?"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, that's one long line of dialogue, Zoinkity. Perhaps that is what they originally intended on using, but then decided to shorten it for both mission time and memory space. Though you have to admit, Harry did look kind of feminine, afterall. I think he even came into work once wearing nail polish and eyeliner. Just try getting a scientist who's been working in a secret underground facility and hasn't seen the light of day in six years to keep focused on his work when a fellow employee bares even the slightest resemblance to the first member of the opposite sex they've encountered since taking the job.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect Dark characters are sort of creative, yet a bit...

Elvis is cool, you better watch your mouth. He'll shoot you with a Farsight quickly, then I'll give him a pat on the head by whacking with Falcon 2 pistol whip.

Grimshaw is fat.
http://perfectdarkzero.com/features/Grimshaw_Bio.htm
Quote:
Over the course of the early 21st century a lot has changed, but the classic "nerd" archetype has persisted unscathed. Grimshaw is a college-age white man with pale skin and unkempt hair that could stand to be washed. He favors garishly-colored "suits" of modest quality, often with "geek" T-shirts (emblazoned with logos of his favorite TV shows or bands) covering his oversized belly.

Cassandra, I remember one mission that I couldn't stand her - At all. Using all cheats but with slow motion, Mr. Blonde gets a chance to check out her ass moving side to side.. For a very long and slow time. Boy, I wanted to shoot her so bad. But I didn't, I completed the mission in 23 minutes.

But what is most annoying are the Meatsims, because they come in packs in very slow speed wielding rocket launchers. Okay, that's all I have to say.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: