ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sneaky Multiplayer Tricks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Sneaky Multiplayer Tricks Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed something in Archives that made me think of this topic. In Archives, or other maps that include crates, shoot the crates to make them move to your advantage. Here is a sneaky example. There is a crate in the Arhives FZ hallway that is a little bit into the wall, im talking about the one next to the stairwell opposite of Solo bond's respawn point, (the crate being top floor though). If you shoot that at an angle, the crate will "jump" a little toward the general direction of where you were shooting. In less than 30 seconds, that crate will regenerate at its new position (just like ammo boxes).
Since the hallway is so narrow, it is incredibly easy to move the crate far out enough to block access there, which might become of strategic value.

I know there has to be a lot of Sneaky Multi Tricks in GE, most I just cannot remember. If anybody has a trick to add, please post.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay... the old "place proximity mines under the bridge and in the small compartments in the walls" trick in the complex... umm... the old... place a proximity mine at the respawn points...

my friends hate me for those ones... i barricade myself in a room until they come and attack me. stupid... umm... place mines where ammo boxes appear.

thats all i remember for now... probably more mine tricks. i love mines... they are my friend.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shooting up the body armour is good. If you already have full armour, destroying the vest may be beneficial. The more bullets you put into it, the weaker it will be when your opponent picks it up. Just remember that the regeneration process will recover it completely.

The sliding doors w/ windows in Bunker i & ii are great for picking off other players. Doors can often lead to stand stills. One person will open the door and fire off a few rounds before closing it again. Crouch down and begin shooting. This may prompt the other player to do the same thing. Quickly get up and blast through the glass. I've used this technique a few times in the past and it's increased my kill count by a point or two.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this an old trick but in bunker, run out side and look down the stair well. As the person gets closer, close the door. Whilst he opens the door run on to the top of the entrance and face down on to the ground with out him noticing, as soon he runs out you will have a clear shot at his head and he wont know what hit him! Cool

Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Edit forth time, ok you mention it is old, so ok, ok.

That sounds like the oldest trick in the book, the game, and real life, but if it works I suppose.

Ok, I thought I had a trick. Someone also knows shooting the armor. The look on my opponents face when I did that was worth more than the battle I won.

I'll brainstorm up some more later, but one thing I like to do is shoot out the lights in the bunker or levels that have lights.

But that sounds like the oldest trick too, but mine sounds more practical in a sense as it might confuse a slightly weaker player.

Edit-nobody posted anything for a day. C'mon there's a lot to talk about. Wink

Ok, here's a few.

To classroom 101 which everyone knows and to mention it.

Magnum goes through unbreakable glass and doors. Facility is good example.

Best one by the third best person in our group, 101 material of course. If you have rockets or grenades and can't quite hit your opponent, shoot it ahead and switch to a bullet weapon quickly to shoot your opponent through the smoke. They might keep firing there explosive weapon if they don't think quick enough but while they're adding fuel to the fire, you'll be adding the frying pan. Still 101 stuff.

Open doors for no reason and move on. (But there is a reason)

Shoot paintball messages on the walls. (Nobody fell for the arrows)

If opponent is in a room, show him the tip of your gun first to get an idea of where he's at if he shoots.

Hide where appropriate. That's all for now.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'd have to go with a variety of door strategies...

a) After opening a door, immediately close it as you run through the doorway. If your opponent is hot on your heels, it'll slam in their face. This should give you an extra second or two to escape safely.

b) Some doors swing both ways, while others will only open in one direction. You can use this to your advantage. Playing door-blocker will not only anger your opponent, but put them in a position that may leave them on the defensive. Keep a close eye on their hands, as they might happen to stick through the door. If you're lucky, you can get a shot off on them. But becareful, the same can apply to you. After your tug-of-war contest has gone on long enough, let them run in. Odds are they don't yet realize that you've invited them inside. Use this short period of time to trash them.

c) Penetrating bullets can blast through a door and into an opponent. Weapons such as: AR33, RC-P90, Cougar Magnum & Moonraker Laser are capable of such a task. Remember that the door needs to be in the act of opening in order for the fired round to actually inflict damage. Once you've begun to open one, start shooting.

PaD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cougar Magnum and Silver PP7 go through EVERYTHING (doors, tainted glass), even if closed Wink

that's why I got the Magnum! Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While they do penetrate through bulletproof glass, they only inflict damage on your opponent if either a) the door is being operated, or b) there is an opening for visibility. Any door with a glass window will do, but most others will not. The Facility bathroom stalls are an exception, since they have a small amout of space at the bottom. When a typical door is closed, the visualization between rooms is cut off. But when you can clearly see into the next area, your rounds will connect. It all depends on the door. Wink

PaD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah, that's finally a definition... since we've playing GoldenEye here (we do since 1999 I believe), we're wondering when exactly those weapons hit through doors/windows.
"while opening/closing" is something we believed, too. now I know Wink

hm, but I'm almost sure Magnum and Silver PP7 also hit through completely closed doors... not sure though. could be that I really just mean windowed doors...
so something I did know already, not knowing that I know it Razz

oh some tactic:
sometimes somebody hunts you with a hand and you just f***** don't hit him.
so: go to the next wall, facing into it.
when the slapper approaches you, quickly run backwards, so he's directly in front of you and you can directly shoot him Smile

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An old trick that i would do with proxies was in the facility i would stand on top of the stairs and throw them down into the main halway and the backway to the bathroom, i would have unlimited proxies and when they were detenated i would grab ammo, also i would toss a few up into the vents so no one could get the drop on me. I would get 30 KOs ez w/o dieing once

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forums ptb!! Ah, the bathroom proxy game...you must try ar-33+proxies gameshark weapon combo in facility. It rocks honestly.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know you can fix any problem with the right amount of explosives. Remote mines can work wounders in many cases. Another (ab)used stratigy I used was in the bunker i commonly found myself starting near the mines, and being chased outside with only them. However, this was a wounderful thing because i would shut all the doors behind me and while outside i would place a mine on top of the bunker exit, and on both sides but they would be on the outside of the wall so the person wouldn't see them, so when they came running out, it was a easy over kill.

Another great door trick is in the facility, near the double doors near the armor comming out from the green hallway, you can hide in the corner to the left of the door, if you are beoing chased or just hiding. When your buddy opens the door, he will think either you got away or no one is there bc the door will hide you. Then when they walk into the hallway a little bit, close the door and blow them away. With a nice automatic or a poweerful weapon, theyll be down b4 they can even turn around

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OOOO i got another wonderful trick for ya. It's hard to do but its an overkill. When your up against someone with mines or grenades, shoot the mine or grenade in there hand. Thats a good way to ruin someones day. Another little brutal tactic I have is that I have been able a few times to get a remote mine to stick to a players foot. Doubt you'll ever be able to do that to a moving target but its a humerous death. You have to get it just right to get it to stick tho. It almost all the times goes through the foot and sticks to the floor. This one was inspired by the lil trick in MGS, the C4 backpack!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I've never seen the remote stuck on a player....can you screenshot that for me?? heheh.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would but sadly there are a few problems. 1. I have my suspisions that this is in fact a glitch, however, I have been able to sucessfully do this twice. Both times were in the facility on stairs. (the first was in the back rooms right near the respawn point, and the second was on the back stairwell that leads to the double doors that lead to the bathroom.) 2. Sadly, after all the years of play, my N64 is finally on its death bed, my goldeneye game still works, just not on my N64 (tho I am trying to purchase another one). When I do get a new N64 I will almost surely use it with an emulator. I can say however that this is the only place i was able to get a remote mine to stick. You might be able to get one to stay on a hand or a gun however. Though another dirty tactic is to hold Z down with a grenade for about 4 seconds then releasing it making an almost instant explosion (if you hold it for to long it will blow up in your face which will kill you and probly your enemy). Ah so many wonderful stratagies, mayby thats why I got most dishonorable so much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: