ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[DEAD]Citadel mission back in progress!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: [DEAD]Citadel mission back in progress! Reply with quote Back to top

it was a bitch to do but i finally got the visual editor working on my windows98 computer. now i can FINALLY WORK ON MY MISSION FOR THE CITADEL!!

Last edited by 00Dark on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol, how did you finally get it working in case others have the same issue.

BTW - you won't have much room, and it's tricky to do a citadel mission.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i got win9x67.zip file and updated my graphics adaptor from an Intel(R) chipset graphics adaptor PV 2.1 to an Intel(R) 82815 graphics controller so that way Direct3D 9 was supported therefore allowing me to use the visual editor.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok i've just about finished up on the top room in my citadel mission. for some strange reason it won't let me take screenshots, so you guys will just have to wonder (unless i can fix the screenshot error). oh and subdrag, i just wanted to say thanks for this awsome editor. it freakin rocks and it is super easy. thanks a whole bunch. Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

I'm hoping you can actually get your Citadel in-game. You'll need to use Zoinkity's patch, have that as your quick save ROM, then quicksave (UsetupcatZ), but you have so little space I think for the setup. Have you been able to try it in-game?

For some reason taking screenshots using backbuffer of DX fails for some people, you can just use printscreen.

Err, did I set the default Citadel scale as Citadel or Zoinkity's Citadel?

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you set zoinkity's scale.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good. Have you tried it in-game? You only have lilke 0x900 or so to work with currently with Zoinkity's method. We should prob devise a better method now.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do you mean that my stuff that i put in the mission is limited?

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh that reminds me, i was wondering if you could make a level picture mod for the egyptian stage in the solo menu because that's what my mission is going to replace. please go to the following URL: http://goldeneye.detstar.com/beta/thecitadel.asp that is where i got my idea for this citadel mission. as you can see there are some fake in-game screenshots of the citadel mission and one is a picture mod. i was wondering if you could create a picture mod exactly identical to the fake screenshot picture mod of the mission at the URL. also i think i'm just gonna be a copycat and make my mission objectives the same as the objectives in the other fake screenshot. (such as locating ashton martin, etc.) because i'm just too damn lazy to think of my own objectives Laughing in other words i'm just going to make everything at that URL a reality instead of a fake hoax.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been working on that sort of stuff, so I'll get back to you on it.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah man, all this work on the citadel mission is giving me a splitting headache. if it's ok with you guys i'm gonna take a break from the citadel mission and just do somthing simple like a multiplayer level. subdrag was right, this is hard! Shocked

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just spent a bit of time looking into the Citadel patched ROM to see how it all works. Apparently, all you need to do is change the setup file that is being used by stage ID 30. Best bet would be to use the Jungle, as it's the biggest of the bunch. However, remembering that it still uses the language file designated to ID 30, which used to be the Library, I had to redirect it to another. I decided to go with the Statue, as it is also the largest of its kind. Now you'll have plenty of space to work with. When you make a briefing file, just replace the Egyptian. It's a bit awkward working with three different names, but that's how it's going to work. Here are the codes you'll need to use, for now, to get the stage to load...

8002425F 0030 --> Change Citadel's memory to stage ID 30
80024297 0028 --> Change Library's memory to stage ID 28
8002A8F7 0030 --> Force load stage ID 30, Citadel
810375A6 5960 --> Redirect stage ID 30's setup file to UsetupjunZ
80045B03 0030 --> Change Citadel's weather setup to stage ID 30
810484DE BAA0 --> Redirect stage ID 30's language file to LstatE
80044DD7 0000 --> (optional) Remove clouds from sky (emu fix)

Just remember, these are the three files you'll be modifying...

Setup file: UsetupjunZ.bin
Language file: LstatE.bin
Briefing file: UbriefcrypZ.bin

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've managed to work out compression for inserting level recon images. How cool is that!

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/patches/goldeneyecitadelsiloimage.ips

Apply patch to unflipped NTSC ROM, then go see Silo's recon picture. This can be applied to any level, once I finish developing it.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NICE!!

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, thats so nice, really cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: