ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Best multi map...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It's a shame that they didn't sneak a few more GE maps into PD's Combat Simulator. Bunker ii and Archives would've kicked some serious ass, had they been included. I also would have enjoyed seeing what changes the Water Caverns could've went through. The three we got were great, but it's too bad there weren't a couple extra.

YES! Bunker 2 and archives! YES!

Laughing

Bunker2 and archives to PD!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frigate and Dam......

DAMN!

Laughing

Want them!

Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We've actually had some success in porting room models from GoldenEye into Perfect Dark. Zoinkity had done some rooms from Bunker ii, and I'd ported select rooms from various stages. But the biggest problem stems from Stage Scaling. All of PD's maps were done at full scale, while the vast majority of GE's are far smaller. Infact, the only one that was actually larger than full scale was Facility. As is, it would be a little big in PD. Bunker i and ii are just a bit too small to make it decent. Other than that, none of others are anywhere near large enough to fit in PD.

The only thing we could do, is figure out how to make Perfect Dark register Stage Scaling. If that is possible, we could definitely resume porting GE maps into PD. Not only that, but update them, as well. Such as making rooms get darker when lights are shot out, for instance.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to retexture them with PD textures as well, it would be in the same spirit as the other Classic maps. I mentioned in another topic how nice Archives would look with Air Base textures, Air Base has the same two texture walls thing going on in places, it was the obvious choice to me. Maybe retexture Bunker to look like Skedar, you have the snowy outside area, the inner corridors could be darkened like the solo Skedar stage...it would have a ton of atmosphere.

Maybe the stage scale problem could be handled by an external program rather than trying to reenable it in PD?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a lot of things that rely on the stage scale. The points and clipping both assume a certain scale, and these aren't float values, mind you. You can't scale it up .652386 and expect the results to be consistant enough that the thing actually works.

The scale thing was a shortcut the original GE crew used. They built a stage, then had to get it to fit within the coordinate range allowed. So, the cheap route was to alter the scale till it fit and worked. PD wasn't done the same way.

dTerent
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me, Ravine Felicity and Temple

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: