ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New PD multi maps in pipeline...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: New PD multi maps in pipeline... Reply with quote Back to top

None of these are complete as of yet. Still work to be done:

1) I have ported Ravine relatively successfully, though the clipping needs a bit of tinkering.

2) I have made a multi map from the first section of the dD: Research level, though rooms keep blacking out. Looks good, though!

3) I am interested in doing an Area 51 Multi Map. Will see what I can do as a map.

I will take pics soon, but obviously don't want to work on them all at the same time. Ravine is near complete, so I will do this first.

I will post my progress here. Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't wait to see them Smile!!!!! Your making the multi maps has helped the porting so much. It used to be just Zoinkity (and I made one or two), so it was much slower. This helps us immensely.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, SubDrag!

In regards to the levels that black out, what can I do? I tried the -mt and -ma options, but nothing happens.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

------------------------------
!!!WORK IN PROGRESS!!!
------------------------------
With the exception of Ravine, these levels have a long way to go, mainly due to rooms blacking out. Check these pictures anyway!

Ravine Multi:
-------------
Just need to tweak the clipping a bit...

Air Base Multi:
---------------
Rooms keep blacking out, especially first room of building with the Info desk...

dD: Research Multi:
-------------------
Same issue as Air Base, though not as bad. Very Facility-esque! (Weapons not added yet.)...

Ravine SHOULD be complete hopefully within two weeks. The others are on the back burner for now. Will post any progress here! Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those looook so good! All the PD levels for whatever reason look spectacular in GE despite not having dynamic lighting.

I wonder if you need to add some additional portals. Zoinkity had to do that for Chicago, to fix blackouts.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How do I go about that?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You go to portal mode, and add them, then finagle them and choose the rooms it separates. I think there's also in clipping mode, choose two tiles, then right click and say "add portal between them"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff going on, Kode-Z.
These PD maps are being ported much faster than I'd have imagined they'd be. There's a few stages I look very forward to seeing in GoldenEye, and I'm sure they'll be out before I know it. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Wreck!

Seeing as these are PD levels, I'm thinking about using those PD ammo boxes as used in Zoinkity's Skedar CS level.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The boxes need revision. They're naturally turned 90 degrees. I'll get a fix together.

Chicago's issue was dicey, and had to do with puddles. If a room is immediately at the same elevation as the clipping above it (like lowest walkway in G5-CS) then the lower room will be made visible and the current one not-so-much. Either elevate the clipping 1 unit or lower the room below by 1 to correct this issue. I suggest elevating clipping.
After that it only needed some of the global vis entries to make the lower rooms visible.

Note: all instances of transparency within the point table does not work in GE. Also working on a fix for this.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As usual, thanks for the advice Zoinkity!

Adding a few portals seems to have made the level load a little quicker. I'll try raising the clipping tomorrow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a silly little map nearly completed, though it isn't enough for anyone to get excited over. Just need to go over a few things before finishing it off. It'll have a randomized flag tag token, as well as the PD ammo crate - both thanks to Zoinkity. Maybe after this one, I'll try something for real. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thought I might as well post this in here, as you're having some of the same issues as I am. I just started working on making the clipping for the G5 Building, one of my personal favourite missions from Perfect Dark. Actually, I really wanted to make a Combat Simulator setup for this one, but kept running into problems with it. Anyways, I've gotten the meeting room and outside hallway clipped, but there's a ton of visibility errors. Most of the portals don't seem to be operating. I had to resort to disabling them all temporarily, just so that I could see the whole area at once. I've even tried raising the Y-Coordinate of all the tiles by one (from -17.0 to -16.0), which didn't change the outcome. I'll continue to clip the map, and hope that we find a way to correct this portal peril.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked to make sure that the portals have the correct room numbers associated with them? Not sure if subdrag has fixed this problem yet or not, but there's a major issue with old portals being given new room numbers as new portals are added.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's some kind of memory leak or something, I still can't narrow down the problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Really annoying. I thought maybe it had to do with not enough clipping memory allocated, and I think I added more, so maybe it is fixed in the latest installer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: