ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER] Streets Alley - UPDATED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER] Streets Alley - UPDATED Reply with quote Back to top

I've updated my Streets Alley multiplayer map to a few changes. I've added in a Flag Tag token since I neglected to do so in the previous version. There are also a little more explosive barrels and 2X 1/2 strength body armor placements. I decided to change the way the map is blocked of from the rest of Streets. Instead of using two 27XX preset stretched Solid Stone Cairns, I used road blocks to make the block off a little nicer. The road blocks are also a little closer in, meant to prevent players from being able to see the rest of Streets. The level out there is empty so it just sounds somewhat reasonable to do so. Put it up on GoldenEye Vault.

Also remember that I renamed it to Streets Alley. I never really liked the name Crack House Alley. I just thought it sounded sort of stupid as a name. Rolling Eyes

Here's the ZIP.
http://two.xthost.info/00dark/streetsalley[00dark].zip

EDIT: I added an extra .EEP and updated the Mupen.ini so we can play this online! Please download again.

Last edited by 00Dark on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks cool, how's the framterate multi?

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Framerate? Well my PC runs GoldenEye really well. It runs very smoothly at about 60 FPS so it it fast and playable. Did you get the ROM .eep and the updated Mupen.ini I provided? It is actually the same master save .eep renamed to the proper ROM name. The ROM's Mupen Good Name is GoldenEye 007 (U) [00dark's Streets Alley].

I have also been thinking of updating alot of my original maps (Tunnel, Bunker Cage, etc.). Those were the first ones I made and they are quite unique. Road Block Tunnel would be awsome to play online. Bunker Cage is a little too small to really play though. It was my first multiplayer, I was just proud of it because of that. I am redoing Cuba with Wreck's ghosting fix.

I also was thinking of a multiplayer map in DataDyne: Defection's Lost City! Imagine playing GoldenEye on the skyscraper rooftops. I could use warpers and bridges to allow navigation through the map. That would be quite impressive. I have already thoroughly viewed the cutscene area in the PD Pad viewer. I have that idea held strong in the back of my noggin.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, didn't you have that skyscraper idea for PD itself! You can actually do it now in GE editor using clipping! I may need to reconvert the level to lower the rooms copied though.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will definately do this map! Oh what the hell, maybe I will start trying more PD levels! I have always wanted to do contribute something memorable. I also noticed that my status is 00 Agent. Erm, do you think I'd ever get a Hacker status? That would make me feel special. Mr. Green

Oh and I really want to try Streets Alley online! I posted the INI and save. It'll recognize that ROM. The map is great, I don't know why everyone seems so uninterested. I'll try to look into some Perfect Dark levels for future GoldenEye maps.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always liked the idea of a streets map, but lag was what ultimately kept me from ever releasing one. Just curious - anybody know specifically what it is that causes a particular room to lag? Specifically, the few ghetto rooms (the really colorful ones) are, by my testing, probably the laggiest rooms in the entire game. They were ultimately what prevented me from creating an mp streets map.

IF your emulator can handle it, this looks like a decent map. Its a shame mupen doesn't support changing the counter factor for the game.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My emulator runs it perfectly fine. I really don't see any lag. Just get a fast computer and don't worry about.

As for Streets multiplayer, I did another. It's called Parking Lot and it has box fort bunkers. It still has explosive barrels of course! They are the trademark of any good multiplayer map. Parking Lot is equally as fun as Streets Alley. I'll post it tomorrow. Right now my mom wants me off the computer.

I still want to do Cuba, but not until Wreck or someone can fix the other object overlap. When both are fixed, I'll redo the map and try to make it interesting and better than before.

I am definately going to do the cutscene city in DataDyne: Defection. That is my next priority after I polish off the rest of these projects.

PS: Do you like my avatar? Smile

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I just did several minor updates. I fixed the block-off so that there are only two road blocks at both entrances. They are now 27 objects. The second block-off by the other entrance has been moved more towrads the alley entrance to expand the map slightly. I moved a weapon placement into that area.

I also modified the spawns a bit and added two extra ones (now there are eight). Lastly, I removed some explosive barrels from a couple of already tiny rooms inside the run-down apartments. They were crowding alot of space. One barrel problem has also been fixed.

Please download again if desired.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: