ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mission Concept...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Mission Concept... Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so I have a concept for a mission, but I wanted to see what my fellow board members thought about what the objectives should be. Sometimes it's nice to get another perspective on a subject, just to keep things fresh. So, here's my idea, which could potentially be one of a series of bonus type missions...

Doak's Escape
After 007 warns Dr. Doak to get out of the Facility, he makes his way up to the Byelomorye Dam. From there, he must hi-jack a transport vehicle and escape from pursuing soldiers, who are on high alert. But before he can do that, his attention needs to be firmly placed on shutting down their satellite.

After Bond installed the covert modem, it was later discovered. They've since put their top researcher to work, who is planning to use it in retalliation against them. By re-connecting the satellites, he is attempting to steal information from MI6. Doak is the only person who can eliminate this threat, and protect his employer's secrets from enemy hands. He needs to retire this researcher, and destroy the satellite uplink box, to prevent any further attempts from taking place.

Once complete, he'll move on to the next phase... Neutralize every person that stands between him and that transport vehicle. Some unlucky fellow holds the ignition key, and he's fit to receive a bullet or two. When you've made it through the barrage of soldiers and found the key, it's off to board your getaway vehicle.

- end

Well, that's the idea. There's a fair amount there, already. But if you've got any thoughts, let me hear them. I haven't begun anything, at the moment. So I'll wait until the objectives are set.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol, you're almost as bad as me when it comes to having a bunch of unfinished projects sitting around.

Hmmmm....maybe something along the lines of using a device to jam or interfere with the satellite signal?

Also, this sounds like a time-critical mission.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there's a few...
Caves Mission, Car Park Mission, G5 Building, "secret" PD Multi Map, Castle in Hammer.

I had thought about maybe making it timed, like the Silo. But Bond only blows the gas tanks in the game, not the entire facility. So there isn't really a threat of the dam being destroyed. It still is possible, but the one thing that was good about GE, was the fact that you usually weren't fighting a clock. Even if you were, you had plenty enough time to beat it.

Perhaps he could have a signal scrambler. You'd use it on the uplink box, which would then disconnect it from MI6, and erase the memory of the location and entry codes. Since Doak is more of a science guy, I suppose giving him a unique gadget wouldn't hurt. Razz

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad you can't have something to do with the Dam Island. My idea would be impossible to do.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The island can be incorporated into a dam mission, so long as there is a dock connecting the mainland to the island and it is clipped.

Not that difficult to do, actually. A dock could easily be created in Hammer, imported as a room, and properly positioned.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Doak should have to destroy the turret so Bond can escape from the Runway without getting shot down.

Maybe this could be an objective: Destroy heavy gun emplacement.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like this idea, you should do it. For the first part you could be timed, you have to disable the dish before the guy can hack into any secure files. Once you do that the timer could be disabled and you'd be free to go at your own pace.

---
Quote:
The island can be incorporated into a dam mission, so long as there is a dock connecting the mainland to the island and it is clipped.

I don't think that would be believable for Wreck's idea, they wouldn't have had enough time to build a new dock. I do like the concept in general though, if you wanted to be really detailed you could extend the docks all the way across the bottom of the Dam, then around the right cliffs all the way to the island. It would leave the entire lake open but still give you a method to access the island on foot. You could even build some doors into the cliffs and have a whole new complex in there but that's getting a little ridiculous, if you were going to do that much you might as well design your own map. Razz

Personally I like the idea of swimming across; add clipping to the water, set it to make you crouch automatically, and play a splashing sound effect every few seconds anytime Bond is in the room with the water. I haven't been able to get it to work though, anytime I add clipping to the lake the stage won't load.

Warping from the boat is my least favorite method, it just pulls me out of the game. If only there was some way to make the boat move, you could just do a normal cutscene of it moving across the lake, even without Bond it in it would be a lot better than magically appearing at the island after stepping in the boat.

---

I do like the idea of having to take out the drone gun but that could easily be done from the docks if you don't want to go through the trouble of making the island accessible.

If you'd like some help with this setup let me know, my Dam mission isn't really going anywhere right now.

Edit: Fixed a few poorly worded phrases.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cool idea. so where would doaks starting position be in the dam? at the docks? at the wall at the farthest end of the dam?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was planning to have him start at the closed off area at the very end of the dam. That's about the only place that really makes any sense. Unless he climbed up through the vents, hooked the bungee chord to his belt, and scaled the wall. Yeah, all that for a scientist? With moves like that, he should receive a promotion. Razz

I'm not against the idea regarding the Island's drone gun. There's a few problems with it, however. The first, how to get over there? The best way, in my opinion, is using a boat to warp. That's very unlike GE, though. I have wondered if it is possible to set a door to look like the boat, then have it "open" across the lake. You'd use that in a cutscene from a good distance, so you can't exactly tell that no character is inside.

Another issue is that the heavy gun emplacement is architecture, not an object. Because of that, you couldn't destroy it. Unless, of course, you were to strip it out of the background file and replace it with a real one. But, there chould be a control unit that you'd need to shut down, instead.

That's a good idea, DB. It reminds me of the Carrington Villa mission in PD. There were hackers in the Villa who were trying to access Daniel Carrington's files. You only had so much time to stop them before they'd upload the information to dataDyne. I guess that'd make it your first priority.

I'd like to keep this looking and feeling a lot like the original Dam mission, as it is taking place within the same day, only an hour or so later. Certain things will be removed, such as the alarms that Bond had to destroy, with other things added in or moved around. At the same time, however, it'll try to remain fresh and unique.

If I have trouble getting my Action Blocks together, I'll be sure to shoot the files off to you, DB, to see if you can get them going. I haven't spent a great deal of time on that end, so my knowledge is very limited.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I have wondered if it is possible to set a door to look like the boat, then have it "open" across the lake. You'd use that in a cutscene from a good distance, so you can't exactly tell that no character is inside.

That's...ingenious! You've got to try that and see if it works! I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, it's just a matter of getting it positioned and sized correctly and finding the right distance to move to get it across the water. If you get it working that method is definitely going in my Dam mission whenever I work on it again.

Wreck wrote:
Another issue is that the heavy gun emplacement is architecture, not an object. Because of that, you couldn't destroy it. Unless, of course, you were to strip it out of the background file and replace it with a real one. But, there chould be a control unit that you'd need to shut down, instead.

I like this idea. You could use the beta alarm preset over at the island for a control switch, use the door opening switch.

Wreck wrote:
I'd like to keep this looking and feeling a lot like the original Dam mission, as it is taking place within the same day, only an hour or so later. Certain things will be removed, such as the alarms that Bond had to destroy, with other things added in or moved around. At the same time, however, it'll try to remain fresh and unique.

Rather than removing them explode them during the intro cameras with an action block, as long as you don't have any cameras near them the player won't even notice. I did that with a few burned-out jeeps and supply trucks in my Dam mission.

Wreck wrote:
If I have trouble getting my Action Blocks together, I'll be sure to shoot the files off to you, DB, to see if you can get them going. I haven't spent a great deal of time on that end, so my knowledge is very limited.

I'll be happy to help. Smile

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sounds pretty cool indeed, a sidetrack as doak. what weapons would you give him, a dostoevi? and you should have it revolve around the dam itself and the paths below it, with the researcher of course in that room at the end where you intercept the data.

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r.e.l. 237 wrote:
sounds pretty cool indeed, a sidetrack as doak. what weapons would you give him, a dostoevi? and you should have it revolve around the dam itself and the paths below it, with the researcher of course in that room at the end where you intercept the data.

yeah a dostevi would be logical. Maybe some explosives, or maybe he'd just start with something he'd kept concealed, like a tazer, from where on he'd have to kill a guard to actually get a decent gun.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a clever little idea, DB. Set the alarms to explode at the beginning of the mission. That way, they're still present in the mission, but are obviously broken. I might give that a try.

Like all scientists in GE, Doak would be armed with a DD44 Dostovei. I don't know why they all have one, but I suppose it's a dangerous job. Not all trespassers are as kind to them as Bond is. Well, unless you like planting remote mines behind their feet and blowing them up across a room. But we wouldn't do that... would we? Laughing

The researcher will be using one of the computers down in the tunnel, where the mainframe Bond used was located. He'll be defended by a group of guards, who'll stop at nothing to see his task is completed.

Edit: I had also thought about incorporating the Tazer, but wasn't sure how much it'd be used by players. The second you acquire something better - which is practically anything - it'd be tucked away and never used again. Still, it is a possibility.

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Edit: I had also thought about incorporating the Tazer, but wasn't sure how much it'd be used by players. The second you acquire something better - which is practically anything - it'd be tucked away and never used again. Still, it is a possibility.

True, if it was your starting weapon, getting rid of it again once you get something else would be pretty obvious to take out hordes of enemies. However as the guards weapons (unless they had silenced d5ks for some reason) you pick up, and your dostevei arent silenced, you might switch to your tazer to silently take out guards who are either alone, or have their back to you.

just a thought Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a GREAT idea with the boat!!! I think it'll actually work!! The tricky part though will be getting Bond in there. Maybe start boat from a distance in scene so you don't see Bond missing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: