ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[PATCH] Cuba Fix (1 of 2)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: [PATCH] Cuba Fix (1 of 2)... Reply with quote Back to top

If you can remember back when we were trying to get Cuba to run in multiplayer, we had hit two snags. The first of which, was a type of ghosting. The background model was appearing overtop of the characters, making it difficult to see them. Most of the time, you could only spot their head, upper body, or even just a small fragment. The second problem was an object overlap. Props would act in a similar fashion to that of the background, appearing ontop of anyone infront of them. These two issues put Cuba out of the running from being a great multiplayer map.

Recently, I've been getting into background modification. As my knowledge of it has increased, I decided to take a look into the Cuba background. Through some testing, I have been able to rid the map of any ghosting. Characters are displayed correctly, without being blocked out by the room model.

However, the object overlap still exists. It's *possible* that it may still have something to do with the BG file, though I doubt it. I'm not sure how to go about fixing this, but it's nice to have atleast one of the two problems solved.

Cuba Multi Before...

Cuba Multi After...

Replacement Indice File for Cuba (UsetuplenZ - 6EC8E8.bin)
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/misc/ge/patches/6EC8E8_replacement.bin

Replacement Background File for Cuba (UsetuplenZ - 6EBBF0.bin)
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/misc/ge/patches/6EBBF0_replacement.bin

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What did you figure out to make it work better? The level should still be drawn always before characters?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the Indice header, the "B9" command was as follows...
B9 00 03 1D 0C 18 41 C8

They then switched it at 0x0338 to...
B9 00 03 1D 0C 18 20 48

I changed the first (and removed the second) into...
B9 00 03 1D 0C 18 20 78

That seemed to take care of the problem with the background appearing over top of the characters. Atleast, as far as I could tell. Could I say what I did technically? Nope, not really. Most of the stuff in the docs written by Zoinkity is a little complex, hehe. The "look and compare" method is more my style. Razz

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The object overlap problem may have something to do with the objects themselves - and even more specifically, with plant life. I ran into that problem in both jungle and in statue when I tried adding plant life. While I'm not positive if this is the problem or not, I supect it may have something to do with placing plantlife (or any other object for all I know) on a clipping tile that is not perfectly horizontal (the 3 points have different y-values). I could be wrong on that, just a theory.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There isn't a problem placing objects on slanted or even vertical planes.

There is an option flag that forces an object's precedence so it appears in front of anything else on screen. It is very rarely used, obviously.

The above hack unsets a rendering priority flag. It was probably the code between them that was visible, no? Cool hack.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With my experience, at least in the Statue (and jungle), plants didn't always render properly, depending on their exact locations within the map. Sometimes things in the distance were visible through them, sometimes not, seemed to depend on nothing more than the position within the stage.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try *slightly* tweaking data lines on the plant models themselves!

Wreck, please fix 2 of 2 errors!
Cuba is an accomplishment!
Fix it or else perish before weakness! Embarassed

Damn you! Evil or Very Mad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My best advice- export to .obj file. Then import it back. It'll prob fix that rendering issue.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember, but does every object model overlap the characters in Cuba, or is it only certain ones? It could be something to do with the transparency of the plantlife that's causing a fuss. Maybe I'll look back into it.

00dark, it may be better to ask a little more politely next time. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: