ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to have a Perfect Dark movie?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark movie Reply with quote Back to top

Would you like to have a Perfect Dark movie? I know i do.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's N64 Jo and not XBox Jo.

Goldroger
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A movie would be great, but it shouldn't be done by Uwe Boll...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, I'm sure it would be terrible. Maybe if they followed the story of the N64 game exactly, built the movie sets from the in-game maps (The opposite of Goldeneye! Laughing ), and got actors that resembled the original characters and could act I'd consider seeing it. Chances are it'd be a movie called "Perfect Dark" with absolutely nothing in common with either of the games, that's just how these things usually turn out. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sort of like what Paul W.S. Anderson did with Resident Evil... Confused
Though, I still say Mortal Kombat kicked serious ass. Good thing he only directed that one. But I suppose that series was far more easy to convert into a film, as the storyline wasn't nearly as important as the characters and battles themselves.

I'd agree, that they should focus on the N64 storyline. Keep it as much like it as possible, with minor exceptions. And of course, hire a cast that actually resembles the characters from the game... *caugh* Paul Anderson's Resident Evil's *caugh*

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't imagine it being anything other than wonky. Seriously, video games convert to film about as well as film to video games, and for the same reason. One is produced for the sole purpose of pushing the other. That usually results in the cookie-cutter minimal-budget agenda-pushing approach that gets you such nonsense as every Bond game EA's produced and the attrocity known as Street Fighter 2 - the movie. With sequels.

MK was pretty good, admittantly, but then again it was essentially a fight-club flick with enough plot to walk you to the next opponent. Concidering that's all the game was abuot, minus the plot of course, they couldn't help but make something true to the original. My favorite video game to film conversion was probably that Mario movie, if only because I can't remember anything but the good parts. The king was fungus. -and goombas were funny.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If Tomb Raider has been a success, why not for Perfect Dark.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: