ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

All the PD levels will work in-game shortly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Only problem with that is, if you use Walk Through Props (800364CB 0000), you'll go through them. Also, any new setups in Area 52 would need those back in place.

For those with PAL, that's 80031A1B 0000!

You're right Wreck - the new setup thing will be a problem... It will take time to keep putting those presets back - unless the PD installer includes a blank setup with these presets in place, as well as doors and glass.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added a shot of the Attack Ship bridge.
That leaves four for me to get loading, though Lucerne Tower has been done by Sub.

Edit: Included a pic of Deep Sea.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's the glass in the new setup. Try deleting 2A and 2F types.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Okay, from the sound of it you can get away with following step one for now. Download Sparkedit, export the mesh to .obj, then follow SubDrag's tutorial for importing a room from Hammer, once you've got the .obj the process should be the same. Let us know how it goes, if you have trouble you can start a new topic about it. If I had a copy of Halo I'd give it a try myself, I don't though.

If you get the room imported the next thing you'd want to do is use a model editor to group the rooms together and try importing it as a map.

ok i exported the mesh into obj but now how do i get the textures that i need? im sort of confuesd as im new to this lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pelagic II has been added to the list of playable levels.
Sub and I are going over the remaining stages now.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crash Site looks good!

It will complement the GE Surface levels well, don't you think?!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've included two pics of dD HQ: Lucerne Tower in my big post. Because the map has too many rooms for GoldenEye, we were forced to remove the entire city backdrop. The moon, however, was left in. Certain exterior pieces of the tower are within the same room files as city buildings. Thankfully, you can't tell within your playspace. The neon light that backlit the large "dD" logo ended up having to go, as it shared its file with a backdrop. But because it looked so bare without it, I decided to put it back in, by stripping it out of the room files and making new ones. So that's taken care of. Hopefully, within the next few days, we'll get all of these finished up and ready for release.

Crash Site was never one of my favourites. I always seemed to get lost in the caverns area. Don't think I ever got used to navigating it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got some more work done on the bigger PD maps between last night and today. I believe both the dD HQ: Lucerne Tower and Deep Sea: Cetan Ship will each be released in three different forms...

Lucerne Tower: Full (Rooftop, Offices and Ground Floor w/o City)
Lucerne Tower: Upper (Rooftop and Offices w/ City)
Lucerne Tower: Lower (Ground Floor w/ City)

Cetan Ship: Section A (First Area - Main Entrance)
Cetan Ship: Section B (Second Area - Midway Point)
Cetan Ship: Section C (Third Area - Mega Weapon Holds)

We haven't yet done anything with Area 51, since it's the biggest of them all, and can't even fully load into the Editor. It'll have to be loaded in sections, to see what we'll have to do with it. An outdoor based map has already been decided on, so it's only a matter of planning out the insides.

For now, here are two shots of dD HQ's Ground Floor in multi...

If you're curious, the framerate never dipped below 57fps on me.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Without SubDrag, this stuff would've taken a whole heck of a lot longer to do. I did the whole Car Park background file manually, which took over the course of three days to port. Afterwards, once we knew most of the details on how to handle everything, Sub and I spoke over mIRC. He created a convertor to do the same task. Only instead of waiting days to make the PD maps into a GE compatible BG file, it took mere seconds. Hehe. It was well worth my time, seeing the outcome. And with the Visual Editor, it's very simple to reduce the rooms to an acceptable amount.

Lucerne Tower: Lower should be complete.
Lucerne Tower: Upper needs the moon displaying.
Lucerne Tower: Full requires some modifications.

Deep Sea: Section C should also be complete.

I'll try to get atleast another Deep Sea map done tonight. I may even be able to get both the A and B versions done, depending on how the rooms are laid out. Area 51 is coming up shortly, which will be both a joy and a pain to test out.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, here I go again. I've just pooped my pants!

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's always amazing to see GE characters in PD levels. A tear is coming to my eye!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's like bringing them home Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got the moon to display using the Editor's Visibility menu and Hex Edit. It's set to always be lit right now, though that may change. It's such a small thing, that I doubt it'd effect the overall performance. Anyways, thought I'd post a picture of something I found to be pretty amusing...

Damn, I didn't know these rockets were nuclear! Razz

By the way, all three versions of Deep Sea should be finished.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

awesome man, so how u plan to release these maps? all in one rom or in different releases? that is if they ready for release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: