ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Unused Tree Model...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: The Unused Tree Model... Reply with quote Back to top

There is an unused tree model in slot 13E. It is internally named "Pjungle5_treeZ", and is described as "Jungle Tree, Moss Covered". My question is: has anyone ever had success putting this in a level? And if so, what were the stipulations? I ask this because of the corrupted looking textures it uses. One of them, 9C0, does not want to work in Perfect Dark. It crashes the game whenever it is loaded. Now that I just tried inserting it into the Caves multiplayer setup for GoldenEye, I found the same results. It was never utilized and isn't a big deal, but it'd be nice to see exactly why this is failing. Replacing 9C0 with 9C1 does allow it to load, but there are no leaves at the top. Very strange, it seems to be made incorrectly. No wonder they didn't - or couldn't - use it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just a thought:
Maby rare was testing a special tree that had moving leaves (blowing in breeze) and it needs a to be a special object type like the helicpter or dam truck for it to load proply.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You sure it's not the 46/40 thing again for image? I fixed all the ones I knew about it, but must be something different amount 9C0, but similar.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's actually a grayscale image with a 07 header (same as 09C1), except 09C0 seems to crash the game whenever it is loaded in. It's that corrupted looking version of the Silo recon photo. Swapping it out with a different texture gets the model loading, so it has to be something with the image itself.

00action: That is an interesting idea, but the model is a standard type. It's possible that they were trying something with it, didn't put in the correct images, and eventually just gave up on it. Would be neat to see even the hanging vines swaying in the wind, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found weird issues in GE with greyscale - somehow the image cannot exceed original image size bounds for greyscale, yet I have no idea why since it's not a part of encoding.\.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got to ask what dus the tree look like in the editor do you mind if you can take a snapshot for me?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: yeah that damn tree Reply with quote Back to top

it actually looks kind of cool if you just stick it ONCE or TWICE somewhere Like that old tree at your grandparents house that supplies shelter to the entire squirrel community Wink very nice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: