ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Halo Combat Evolved Maps to GE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Extremist wrote:
Ok, this is officially the most amazing thing ever to happen in any video game, period.

Please convert Derelict!!!!! Smile

Edit: Is Boarding Action possible?

derelict only problem is that it uses teleports, im in the process of doing rat race and then battle creek which should work out since there really is no need for the teleports in rat race as u can get to the top by walking.

my problem now is splitting the maps into rooms, and adding clipping to a ladder or wall for example to make u be able to go up instantaneously.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can't go up instantenously, but GE does have ladders (though not good in multi...). You can right click on a clipping tile and turn it into a ladder, but in GE multi you can't see someone on a ladder.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... that sucks so ill have to scratch ladders, no chance of teleports either huh lol? so u cant add clipping to a straight wall and have it so that u just go up to where it turns horizontal and not vertical? and ive seen how to make it ladder clipping but the problem is the ladder is separated from the wall and doesnt connect with the floor it reaches, how do i solve that?

but right now my major concern is splitting it into rooms lol i tried editing the .obj but nothing happened

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forget at what time the Editor was updated that the multiplayer crashing, due to the impact system correction, began happening. I was able to use the patch that Zoinkity put up to correct it, but it doesn't work with the newer Editor output ROM's.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

does anyone have any clue what these are? Shocked Confused

lol 1st time it happens, something must have gone wrong but say hello to rat race Cool

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i remade the rat race map from scratch, but it still has the black unknown objects in mid air, there are two textures i have that could be causing this but i'll figure this out. by the way if you notice, the textures from the 1st one and the second one changed, maybe cuz this time around i resized each bmp according to its original dimension and not just all to 32x32. anyways i would like to know if there is a way you can add clipping or something to these walls in this rat cave so that the clipping on the floor doesnt make it so you can walk "through" the wall and see the other stuff, this is a problem when walls are in an angle facing you.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The angled wall problem occurs on some of the Perfect Dark maps that are being ported to GoldenEye. When the entire floor is clipped, it allows your upper torso to stick into the slanted wall. This puts your field of vision through the actual architecture, often making you peek into an abyss. There are two ways I can think of to go about fixing this issue.

One (the cheap and easy method): When you go to create the setup file for the mission, simply size a few objects to go along the walls. If you set them to be invisible and invincible, as well as make it so you that all bullets and projectiles will pass through them, it'll create a barrier. This will prevent players from getting too close to the walls, and poking their heads into them. Thank SubDrag for this clever concept. Wink

Two (the proper method): Manually tweak the clipping tiles using the Tile Modifier. If you right-click in the Visual window and select Open Tile Dialog from the menu, you can change all of the points for every tile. The Y-coordinates shouldn't need any changing, unless the tile is on an angle that requires it. The X and Z would need to have their coords repositioned to allign better with the slanted walls, so your tile stops before you have any chance of putting your head through it. But this is much more tedious and advanced than doing simple clipping, so you may want to go with the first method, atleast for the time being.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok thanks a lot and i think for some maps i could do it the proper way cuz id rather have the map be perfect then release it with bugs.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well i wont continue to hack the maps for now because i need to know how to split the obj into rooms, if not the maps will lag and it will be no fun to play. and i cant do the clipping since i have to do it for each room and not the whole level like im doing it.

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I forget at what time the Editor was updated that the multiplayer crashing, due to the impact system correction, began happening. I was able to use the patch that Zoinkity put up to correct it, but it doesn't work with the newer Editor output ROM's.

hmm my rom still crashes im wondering where is that patch?

by the way me and subdrag have come to the conclusion the maps don't need to be split into rooms, the finalized rom plays well for him. i still need to tweak weapons and other things but pretty soon i'll have the hang em high map complete and the others soon to follow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually have an interesting idea regarding these Halo maps, r.e.l. 237.
Expect to receive a PM from me some point later tonight.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I actually have an interesting idea regarding these Halo maps, r.e.l. 237.
Expect to receive a PM from me some point later tonight.
i would love to hear them, some ideas i have as of now would be to try and replace some textures to spice things up a little bit. also for the issue with ladders, i will attempt to use the clipping in the multi bunker control room where the dd4 usually is, that u can go up the platform without using the stairs if the glass is broken.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never played mutiplayer halo, bt this looks great, r.e.l. 237, specially the last 2 batches of screenshots.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Latest update - Beaver Creek

Now release of this maps has been hindered greatly due to certain problems that have arised recently. First of all, all my output ROMS crash after 30 seconds of play, the problem seems to be with me since SubDrag says he plays them succesfully but I have yet to find the root of this problem. Also, for some reasons bullets go through walls and floors..... Major prolbem since you can shoot anyone from anywhere within the map. Also I am unable for some reason to modify the 21990, since everytime I load a ROM, the Editor crashes. So yeah, meanwhile Wreck is working on replacing the textures in the maps with GE textures and so far it's looking real good, so the maps have a GE twist to them. Hopefully the obstacles can be overcome so we can soon see a release.

So far these maps will be replacing the GE ones until further notice:

Temple - Hang Em High
Complex - Wizard
Caves - Blood Gulch
Library - Pillar Of Autumn
Stack - Rat Race
Basement - Longest
Facility will remain the same given its a classic map Smile
Bunker I will probably leave since its my 2nd favorite map
Caverns - Battle Creek
Aztec - Still not sure which other one I'm gonna put here
Egyptian - Same as above

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: