ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Hammer Information Roundup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have your map directory set in Hammer's configuration? If so, are you saving to that directory?

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but it does not compile to .bsp at all. Instead the whole log tells me that it's -the mapfile to compile. Either I have been mislead by you, or my computer won't really do it. I am the administrator or atleast I have a computer admistrator account, but it still won't work. Please be as far detailed as you can with your process down to petite chunks.

Do I really need to use each instance of "$path" in place of "bspdir"? Is that a mistake? It was BMW's. Or am I doing something wrong with the start point. Is the start point already there with info_player_start set in the configuration window?

OVERALL OPINION:
Dial 1-800-YOU-ARE-GAY

Last edited by 00Dark on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The part about you having "been mislead" was completely unnecessary and somewhat insulting. Any bit of help and advice offered by either Dragonsbrethren or BMW is genuine. If it doesn't seem to help your case, than it may possibly be another issue causing the problem. However, it may also be something you've done by mistake while following their instructions. In any event, they're both there to help. Just stick at it, listen to their suggestions, and always be thankful.

You can't reach the top if you don't take all the steps. Even though the first few may seem tedious and frustrating, you'll eventually make it over them. And once you do, it'll all be worth it. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my compile commands, if this helps at all:

$csg_exe $bspdir\$file -wadinclude GE.wad
$bsp_exe $path\$file
$vis_exe $path\$file

Took me months to perfect, but I finally got it. I believe Dragonsbrethren/BMW are using quotes around $csg_exe and such, but I had tried that and it didn't work for me. Try what I listed, and post the result.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please join my server on PC Halo:
1-800-YOU-ARE-GAY

We play on Bloodgulch 24/7 Classic Slayer Pro
Begin with Pistol/AR/andGrenades.

NOTE: I think that I was trying to tell Dragonsbrethren to dial a prank call or something. Just for a joke. Rolling Eyes

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stay on topic and stop acting like a fool, 00dark.

Did you use Flopperr999's advice posted above?

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but it didn't work.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's exactly the same as above.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've now seen screenshots of 00dark's, Skorpion's, and even Flopper999's command boxes. The latter two have identical entries, which are different from mine. They have only three things checked, while I have eleven. I have had issues in the past getting my textures to export, so it's possible that mine isn't setup totally right.

If both Dragonsbrethren and BMW could post screenshots of their command boxes, 00dark and myself would both appreciate it. Thanks.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got a BSP file now, but porting it to GoldenEye is a huge issue.

I can't import the BG file after exporting the original one because of this error:

After this it should technically create a new Room Positions text file for the box object. That is when you toggle "Edit Room Positions" mode and do Export Full Background file. You are supposed to choose the new Room Positions File that is created if that above error did not occur.

Does the Material TGA have something to do with Hammer's compilation? It compiled with all the proper textures to a BSP format and when viewed in Crafty it had textures and everything. I do export in Crafty and it save to my GoldenEye Setup Editor projects directory which is a folder called "Projects". It saves an OBJ, MTL, and TGA file to that directory. Why are the TGA Material texture files not being read correctly by the program?

Perhaps it's the text file listing. Confused

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Editor orly supports .bmp images. You can change the output file extension to .bmp by going (in Crafty) to Setup>Options>Exporting. Change the "Texture Extension:" to .bmp

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here you go, Wreck:

You probably have more options because you just used the default Half-Life setup, I removed everything not needed for GE. It shouldn't make any difference if none of those things are checked, it's doing the exact same thing in the end.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It really doesn't make any difference. $path is the map directory you set in Hammer, $bspdir is the bsp directory you set. The quotes just mean the command line will be in quotes when run. Sometimes the command line gets confused if your directory has certain characters in the path, quotes prevent that from happening.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, DB.
I made a new configuration with your exact command line entries. After making a quick test room with three textures and the null, I ran the map and checked the .bsp file out in Crafty. Everything looked fine. Hopefully, with these new commands, I won't have anymore missing texture problems. Sometimes maps I'd export from Hammer wouldn't contain any images. It could either be a random compiling issue, or a conflict with my old setup. I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got it imported, but this happened. A whole bunch of white crap all over my precious test room. Only the roof worked.

Any idea whats causing this? The ROM does have the proper textures inserted and I clicked "Update Visual Editor Textures".

Last edited by 00Dark on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: