ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Hammer Information Roundup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swordfishx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
You should then get a number of bmps depending on how many you used. If you still get none it could be a compiling error, you should be able to see your map fully textured in crafty.

i done that and look

i tried with my map y with TimEh and still no textures

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=BXQT8EEM

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the video says its unavailable. Is your map fully textured when you view it crafty?

swordfishx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i done a very simple map with an entrance just for learn ok im stuck in doing a door but thats other thing. that i will learn, so want to make this multi level whith this only room ( repeat i know is no too much but i just want learn first an then make a awesome level i have in mind ) so, i have the room with one texture can u do it here is my level make it in multi u are a expert u will do it in a minute and tell me what im doing wrong

gracie

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PE3RPM70

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ha I'm no expert, far from it in fact, but I do know the basics of level creation. Anyways, I noticed you did not have a .bsp file in the file you uploaded. You should get when when you compile with Hammer. The error could be the configuration you have for Hammer, so I would look into that.

swordfishx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
Ha I'm no expert, far from it in fact, but I do know the basics of level creation. Anyways, I noticed you did not have a .bsp file in the file you uploaded. You should get when when you compile with Hammer. The error could be the configuration you have for Hammer, so I would look into that.

i was configurated just what it says in this post but if u say its missing something im going to configurate again

thank you !!!

swordfishx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i already configurated just how it says in the tutorial but still no .bsp file

what could it be ?? anyone knows what the problem would be ??

reinstal it can work ??

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you attempt to compile your map, does it tell you that there were any errors during the process? If there is even a single error, it could prevent the .bsp file from being created. I know I've had similar problems in the past.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Posting the compile log would be helpful in us trying to help you.

swordfishx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
Posting the compile log would be helpful in us trying to help you.

there is not error

is just one single rom just to learn

heres the video of what happen

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PW7C0370

here is my level

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9QLEZQAO

heres is my configuration

thank you for help me up

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What could be happening is that you have something wrong in the advanced Run commands.

Does your Run prompt look like this? I also suggest moving the GE.wad to the root Hammer directory instead of the zhlt folder, that was a problem i had.

Hopefully we'll get this figured out haha

swordfishx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: picture Reply with quote Back to top

it looks like this

wtf is that your level ? looks awesome i hope learn to do that

how do u have 4 views?? i only got one

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your problem is that your $csg_exe command should have the -wadinclude Ge.wad in the parameters. Read about this in the original post for this thread. Without this, Hammer will compile the map without the textures you used which is why you don't have any bmps being made from crafty.

Haha thanks, its not even done yet Very Happy

Pressing control-a while in hammer should get you four views.

jbge007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Compiling Problems?? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, I'm sort of new to this, but I've received much help from the generous soul who goes by the name of "Entropy-Soldier", or "E-S". Every time I attempt to compile the map in Hammer, it never creates a .bsp file. It does create some files, and these files are: Map.err, Map.txt, Map.map, Map.max, and map.wic. There is no bsp file in there at all. I have three commands in the compile screen. These are: $csg_exe $path\$file -wadinclude Ge.wad, $bsp_exe $path\$file, and $vis_exe $path\$file. Please help me. Thank you Smile

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem and i cud never fix it ether.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I remember, if you get a .err file that means your map has a leak, which would prevent it from compiling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: