ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[FINISHED] Janus Silo, North Korea
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: [FINISHED] Janus Silo, North Korea Reply with quote Back to top

It's the sequel to the Janus Nuclear Facility, and it's nearing completion!
The objectives I've thought of so far:

A. Recover stolen items
B. Reprogram missile guidance
C. Destroy regular missiles
D. Defeat Trevelyan
E. Launch missiles into space (might change)

For now though, I need to post my screenies, but sadly I don't know where to upload them (I'm new to posting my own images). Sad I'd appreciate any suggestions.

For the release thread: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=2686 - Skorpion

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can register a Photobucket account.

DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I've got an account and uploaded my pics to it. My screenies are private though. How do I make them publicly viewable? (I have never used Photobucket before)

DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All right, then let me explain the pics!
1st pic: One of the former fuel rooms
2nd pic: The cell room, from inside the cell. This is the starting point.
3rd pic: A room near the elevator. The computers in the center are still there, plus I've added in glass cases with items in them. And sorry, I gave the location of a camera away! Embarassed
4th pic: Same room as Pic 3, just a different angle. On the right I inserted double cell doors.
5th pic: One of the intro cams. I plan to make the Silo roof open.
6th pic: Trevelyan, in roughly the same place as Ourumov was. When I took this pic he was taking out a grenade.

Edit:
I'll now post any errors or bugs that I find in the level in this topic if I can't figure out how to correct them myself.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's looking promising, GERage!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Janus Crime Syndicate just won't give up! Razz
Definitely keep us updated on your progress, GERage.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I have a dilemma. I can't decide on a reasonable time limit in order to get from the cell to a computer which lets you stop the timer. Initially, I had a 10 min timer, because you were once able to "go the wrong way" and waste time. I've removed that, and changed the timer to 6:30. When I got to the computer, I had only 30 seconds left (btw, I'm a patient player). What do you guys think the timer should be?

I'm thinking of extending it by 30s - 1 min, to let players learn the level.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can also post your images in the thread by copying the links in the IMG Code sections. The look pretty good, it'll be interesting to play another take on Silo.

Your idea with the timer sounds right, you want to give inexperienced players a chance to do it on their first try.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The timer is 7:30 then!

And the images...I'll post them here.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, maybe an alarm will go off, causing everyone on full alert and the timer activated. This looks cool. Can't wait to play it.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scorpion wrote:
You could setup an action block where the timer will go off after Bond gets the key? The guard could say "How did you get the key?" "I'll make sure you won't escape" "Timer activated" Then the timer is set and activated. Just a thought you know

That's not a bad idea...it would be easy to implement, that's for sure! Currently, the timer starts after the Intro Swirl around Bond. I'll do something similar, so the timer would start after you open your cell's door.

Oh yeah, and I got the Silo roof opening in the Intro Cam! Wink

Yes, there'll be endless guards hunting you down if you're caught by one of the cameras.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GERage wrote:

Oh yeah, and I got the Silo roof opening in the Intro Cam! Wink

Why didn't I think of that? Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: