ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Let's talk PD on Xbox 360 XBLA!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Let's talk PD on Xbox 360 XBLA! Reply with quote Back to top

I am assuming there are absolutely no BS issues that will come up stopping this release.

Here's what is freaking amazing. Take what GE was going to have online with the XBLA project and apply that to PD! Incredible. Add to this the extra flexibility in them changing things because it's their game and company.

PD always seemed set up for single screen. That would be over the top. The enhanced graphics also.

I'm bummed about GE, but hey, PD online with XBLA to me, would be a very close second. I'm okay with GE online using an emulator, but PD is a bit more of a struggle for the emu's to pull off. I would just need to make an adjustment for the controller. Or perhaps....there would be an adapter for the usb adapter I use on the PC for my N64 controller...hmm. They need to have button config customizing for PD on the 360.

So, am I jumping the gun on this one??

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's certainly a possibility. And like you said, there's nothing holding them back from doing it. It's Rare's property, for them to do with as they please. I can't see how Nintendo could say anything about it. But hey, they've managed to slide their foot into the GoldenEye door, so who know's what tricks they may have up their sleeves.

I'd be interested in picking up an enhanced upgrade to Perfect Dark on the 360. Is it worth me buying the console just for that? Depends on what they do with it. If it ends up looking far too good to pass up, than I guess my decision would be made that much easier. Online Co-operative, Counter-Operative, and Combat Simulator? Sounds pretty sweet to me. If the mountain backdrop was that good in the GE upgrade to Dam, imagine the surrounding city in dataDyne's HQ, Lucerne Tower.

Perhaps we are getting ahead of ourselves.
But there's no harm in using our imaginations. Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, wow, I totally forgot about the co-op online. I will try to find a link to the story about Rare releasing the n64 titles like PD on XBLA. Hmm, thing is can Nintendo squash that. I hope we get another news release soon on these other Rare games.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping that PD gets a revamp. It would be a MILLION times better than Perfect Dark Zero!

Online Multi in a revamped PD sounds like heaven to me!!!

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i highly doubt they're gonna put online for it, not to burst anyone's bubble but did you see what they did with xbox originals like halo? they basically ported the game changing NOTHING, AND on top of that you cant take it anywhere since its on your hard drive (unless you take your hard drive with you).... for that i can just get the halo game that is backwards compatible

but yeah unless rare sees to it, microsoft is just gonna wanna cash on the game's name

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you have read the GoldenEye changes, there is no doubt that it would be applied to PD. Just looking at the 360 controller, I could see using the x,y,a,b buttons just as the c buttons. They are in close promimity, but not quite the same. I would likely get pwned by using dual analogues, but I'm old school. I would like the 360 controller to conform to the n64 if possible.

Nintendo squashed GE on xbox because they won't allow a n64 game to appear on another console. In theory can they then squash PD on xbox? If they have a part in this not happening, then to hell with Nintendo

eshocker6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r.e.l. 237 wrote:
i highly doubt they're gonna put online for it, not to burst anyone's bubble but did you see what they did with xbox originals like halo? they basically ported the game changing NOTHING, AND on top of that you cant take it anywhere since its on your hard drive (unless you take your hard drive with you).... for that i can just get the halo game that is backwards compatible

but yeah unless rare sees to it, microsoft is just gonna wanna cash on the game's name

You're kind of ignoring the fact that Halo was an Xbox Original, not an XBLA Game. On Xbox Originals, their policy is that they do not revamp their games. On the XBLA, it's pretty much the exact opposite. Rolling Eyes

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well yeah we all hope they do but i dont expect anything

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is PD actually being ported or is it (more) pure speculation on the part of that magazine?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speculation.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rare released Conkers, so that makes me say, that with Rare comes PD. I do believe, although it's not a GE following, that PD on XBLA would be the most popular game ever on XBLA. Maybe not, but think about the possibilities. From a gameplay and engine point of view, it's top of the line. If they can make it their baby, then they can release other multiplayer levels for it. Really though, I don't see how Nintendo can claim PD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: