ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE 360 News - Nintendo still own rights... Apparantly...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: GE 360 News - Nintendo still own rights... Apparantly... Reply with quote Back to top

All the info is at Mundo Rare...

http://mundorare.com/news/2008/03/nintendo-still-holds-legal-power-over-goldeneye-007/

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, keep bugging Nintendo. As I said before the American branch of the company wanted this to come out, so enough people writing in could be enough to get whoever had it canceled to reconsider.

I guess from a business standpoint this decision makes sense, they'd probably end up boosting 360 sales quite a bit if they let it come out. What doesn't make sense is that it was supposed come out on both consoles - the Wii is selling better than the 360, therefore the Wii version of Goldeneye probably would've sold more copies, especially if it was sold at retail instead of a download.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scorpion wrote:
So the rights are shared eh? Um, if I were Microsoft, I would tell Nintendo to kiss my ugly ass and break the rights, and release the damn game already.

And they'd get sued. Razz

Scorpion wrote:
Also, if anyone would be kind. Point me in the direction of a game recently made by Rare that was released on Nintendo?

Almost half their games since they left Nintendo, according to their website:

http://www.diddykongracing.com/
http://www.rareware.com/games/banjopilot/index.html
http://www.rareware.com/games/mrpants/index.html
http://www.rareware.com/games/sabrewulf/index.html
http://www.rareware.com/games/banjokazooie/index.html

All handheld titles, but still released on a Nintendo platform.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scorpion wrote:
So who wants my Wii?

How much? PM me, I'm serious.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scorpion wrote:
Woah man. I was only joking. I collect Nintendo systems, I have every one of them. By boycotting, I won't buy another nintendo system and game or anything related to Nintendo until they see the bright white light and allow Microsoft to release GE on XBL.

I wasn't sure and certainly wasn't going to let the opportunity to get it off you slip away if you were serious. I got my first DS and a second GBA SP cheap the same way, although those people were just selling them because they got bored with them

Scorpion wrote:
You really want an Wii that badly? Hell, I could just go out and buy another and send it to you free of charge. Sound like a good idea?

I mean, you are a fellow moderator and hacker Smile And you have helped me on my missions Very Happy

Really? That would be awesome, you can't buy them around here without buying a bundle pack, which I can't really afford. Again, PM me and we'll talk.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last time I mentioned about avoiding all Nintendo products in the future, everybody jumped on me and told me to wait until we knew more. So now that you have a little more information on the whole GoldenEye update subject, you suddenly have a change of heart? Confused

And what disturbs me even more than the Nintendo and Microsoft dispute, is the fact that now Xbox World 360 is threatening MundoRare. What the hell? I guess between the two of them, MundoRare is the only one that really cares about the game. To Xbox World 360, it was just another marketing tool. Nobody can agree on anything when it comes to GoldenEye's update. Not when it comes to making it, releasing it, or even covering it. Very, very sad.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Last time I mentioned about avoiding all Nintendo products in the future, everybody jumped on me and told me to wait until we knew more. So now that you have a little more information on the whole GoldenEye update subject, you suddenly have a change of heart? Confused

I don't have any problem with Nintendo, I wish they'd reconsider but everything they've done has been their legal right. The story about the head of Nintendo threatening Activision is what everyone was upset about originally, wasn't it? And it turns out that wasn't true at all.

Wreck wrote:
And what disturbs me even more than the Nintendo and Microsoft dispute, is the fact that now Xbox World 360 is threatening MundoRare. What the hell? I guess between the two of them, MundoRare is the only one that really cares about the game. To Xbox World 360, it was just another marketing tool. Nobody can agree on anything when it comes to GoldenEye's update. Not when it comes to making it, releasing it, or even covering it. Very, very sad.

Yeah, that bothered me as well. Xbox World 360's article was very...sensationalist compared to MundoRare's, they printed unconfirmed rumors as fact.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: