ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I now present to you Peach's Castle [WIP]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: I now present to you Peach's Castle [WIP] Reply with quote Back to top

LOL I know radorn is working on the inner part, but I just couldn't resist doing this one, Cool it still has the issue of bullets through walls and floors, but after that is fixed, it will be fully playable.

Edit: It's also quite big, I'm trying to scale it down so it's at a reasonable size.

Last edited by r.e.l. 237 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing!!!! Shocked

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious as to how you managed to do this one. Did you get the model files from Super Mario 64 and convert them through to GE format? It looks really good in GoldenEye, not surprisingly. I feel bad now for Radorn, if it's as simple as getting the raw materials from the game. His castle interior looks just as good the original, anyway. Plus with his little updates and modifications, it'll make for an even better FPS experience. But if he only needed to import it into Sketchup, it would've saved him a lot of time...

The trees must've been objects, I'm guessing. It's a shame that they aren't still there. They would have made for some nice scenary and good cover.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it looks as if you got the models from the game, but how???
I'm remaking things manually, so how did you get the models??

reply here or PM me ASAP, please

ah, and if you look at my latest screens, you'd see that I'm working on the outside too, but ok Cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Either way, I'd say you should stick with your current method of rebuilding the castle from scratch. It's coming along fantastically, and is giving you a great deal of experience in recreating currently existing models. Think how easy it'll be for you to mimic other things in the future, such as real world environments. Plus, with you building the castle, it gives you the ability to modify it in many ways. Besides, like you've seen, the outer area will require some changing in order for it to work with the interior. If you manage to get the models, I'd say to use them for reference only. But of course, this is ultimately your decision. Smile

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well i cant take credit for any of the modeling since the way i get these models is by using Halo CE maps geometry. I got a halo custom map made by pacochan and i then proceed to get the geometry and textures and convert to ge. im going to venture into modeling but for now i cant take any credit for that part. as to how HE got the models, i have no idea i would contact him if psosible

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't someone also make a Hyrule Field map for Halo CE?...
*hint-hint* Wink

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Didn't someone also make a Hyrule Field map for Halo CE?...
*hint-hint* Wink
trust me i tried, but its very buggy and could possibly convert wrong. also i tried kokiri forest but the guy who made the map has his map weird and "protected" lol guess i cant blame him.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, for Halo you have already made models, but what about mario?? or did you get that too from a halo map? if so, who did it? pacochan? who's that anyway? is he/she in this forums?

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nevermind, found it

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3384
this is what you used, right?

Now I have to ask him how he did it Very Happy

Found him, he's a guy from Spain, like me (Paco is diminutive of Francisco in Spain). he says in his posts that he extracted the geometry from the game. He seems to do romhacking, at least from translations, so I'll have to ask him if he can lend me some models.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: