ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

BETA GoldenEye footage!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: BETA GoldenEye footage! Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x278x7_goldeneye-promotion-video-beta_ads

This footage shows Bond running through the beginning of Streets, Tank blowing up in Runway, footstep sounds on Bond amongst other things!

This is NOT a belated April fools!

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks to me like promotional material, probably made for the ad itself. Just thought I'd point it out anyway!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, I've never seen this one before, this is really cool:

00:15 - Bond's beta start point on Frigate, on the deck of the ship right in front of the ramp to the boat.

00:26 - Beta Archives ending, no Natalya, Bond runs past the camera which swings around to follow him.

00:31 - Floor plate in Train is invisible until it drops. Looks like a messed up portal to me.

00:40 - Watch menu with ak47 in the inventory, can't make out anything else other than camera.

00:58 - Rocket launcher in Aztec, could be a cheat but that seems odd for a video like this.

And lots of footage of the AK47 (I really wish this model was still in the game, I like the new one better but the more I see this in action the more I want it) and other known beta things.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, cookie! Laughing

This video is just proof that, as much as we know about the beta versions of the game, we're bound to be surprised if a beta cartridge ever does turn up.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if the beta ending of Archives still exists in the Action Blocks?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's...amazing...wow. Can someone sign up and email what it's from!? So much spyder action. Compiling beta list now. Pored over in like 7 times. WOW!!!!!!!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my beta observations. Just wow, I am floored by this. Frankly seeing that video gets me very excited about the game. Wow.

http://www.betagoldeneye.com/betascreenspromovid.htm

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the start point in frigate relative to the one now?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All the shots you have marked as Spyder are the AK47/KF7, the Spyder was the Klobb. Spyder really was a last minute change, all the gun names in LgunE are in alphabetical order except for Klobb, which falls right between Spy File and Staff List, they never reordered the list after it was cut. It is pretty interesting that this has both KF7 models in it though, proof that it was made from different pieces of footage rather than a single build of the game.

The tank is exploding because Bond died. When you die in the tank the death scene shows it exploding.

ak47
(can't read, maybe plastique?)
camera
keycard (something)
(can't read)

The Frigate start point is right at the top of the ramp that leads to Bond's boat. There's no preset left over there, so I'm guessing they just moved it into the boat. We know there was a time when the boat didn't exist, that start point is probably a leftover from that time.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not only two kf7's, but it also used the later rocket launcher. There's guards with silenced pp7s, some odd endings, and what's most unusual is how the old kf7 is seen in the modern version of the stages - ie. without beta lighting fixtures.

Peculiar, to say the least. Then again, the Kf7 could have been almost entirely a texture swap. It isn't round like so many are apt to say.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated the page, thanks.

If I had to guess based on current Silo:
AK47
____ What gun could this be here?
Camera
Keycard _____
___ Circuit Board

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, I did notice a lot of the guard gun sounds were "wrong". Probably just silenced versions and such. It was odd.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a copy of the promo so you can download it, and we don't lose it:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/misc/ge/gebetapromo.mpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: