ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Counter-Strike Map Pack
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyface

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Counter-Strike Map Pack Reply with quote Back to top

As the name implies, this pack will contain some famous small Counter-Strike maps. It wont be a very creative effort, but I believe that if you want to attain creative freedom you need to at least know the basics, this project will teach me those basics, hopefully.

Right now the pack is supposed to contain four maps, fy_iceworld, fy_matrix, fy_pool_day and one more. Suggestions are always helpful, so speak up. The only map that's working 100% right now is fy_ceworld. fy_matrix and fy_pool_day wont start at all in the game, even though I have split the levels up in rooms with connecting portals. Has it to do with textures, or polygons or something like that? The biggest map is about 2000 polygons, it seems strange to me that it wont start.

Also, about the weapons, how many "should" you place and what category (there are 8, if I remember correctly) contains what weapons? Should I place body armor in it? And finally, what levels do you think I should replace, do you think it even matters?

I'll post some screens later on.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weapon placement really depends on the size of the overall map. You don't want to cram too many in, or else it'll feel cluttered. At the same time, it's never fun running around a stage to find a weapon, either. So just balance it out and see what feels right.

As for the distribution, it is best to know how the system works...

F0: Weak (DD44 in Pistols)
F1: Weak (DD44 in Pistols)
F2: Fair (DD44 in Pistols)
F3: Fair (PP7 in Pistols)
F4: Good (PP7 in Pistols)
F5: Good (PP7 in Pistols)
F6: Special (Silenced PP7 in Golden Gun)
F7: Special (Golden Gun in Golden Gun)

In every case but one, the weapons are paired. Such as: two DD44's, two Klobb's, two KF7 Soviets, and two Rocket Launchers. Only the Pistols category differs from this pattern. Also, in the Golden Gun set, there is only one Golden Gun. The other in the pair is a Silenced PP7. This is to allow The Man with the Golden Gun scenario to function properly, as there's supposed to be just the one in existence.

Rare usually used five to eight respawn points in a single map, but that's really up to you. Just make sure that there are - at the very least - four, to accommodate 4-Player mode.

I've actually grown tired of body armour in multiplayer, but that's a personal decision. I still stick one or more in my customized maps, just to have for those who like it. You can use Zoinkity's Dr. No cheat to remove it from the stage afterward.

If you have four maps, you could always replace the last four in the level select menu. Bunker ii, Archives, Caverns and Egyptian. That'd keep things clean and organized.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress, Monkeyface. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If you have four maps, you could always replace the last four in the level select menu. Bunker ii, Archives, Caverns and Egyptian. That'd keep things clean and organized.

I'd recommend replacing any of the multi-only maps, so you can keep the random music. Unless you edit what music the solo stages play to make more sense for your maps.

Wreck wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress, Monkeyface. Smile

Me too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can manually strip the level ID's out of the 21990 Main Index music table in a Hex Editing program. That would force those maps to use a random track out of the following list. I know it's a little bit more work, but it's quite easy if you know what you're doing. I'm sure one us would be kind enough to help out when you reach that point.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

monkeyface

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Better late than never. Here is the map "pack." It only replaces Temple with Iceworld, since it seems impossible for me to get poolday or matrix to work. Right now, the map is too crowded with weapons. Tell me what to exclude.

My patches are still crashing 30 seconds in... I'm beginning to think it's my fault. Can I optimize the map somehow? And I got a question about the trees. Since I can't see the sky (it's black in all maps), should I assume that the black background in the tree images is transparent? Anyway, enjoy it for what it is. Hopefully I will get better and things will start coming together.

Patch: http://www.rarhost.com/download-wmpqdo.html

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that's great! OK, the 30 second thing is not your fault, we're still working on that - and don't worry, the map will be perfectly fine and doesn't need changing once we fix this issue.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About the weapons, I'd cut the duplicates and just have one of each gun in the map, including the ones you omitted.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

30 second crashing fixed!
http://shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=20061#20061

Can't wait for this level.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To change the sky Tools -> 21990, choose ROM you made, then choose your level in stage setup, change the sky color for whatever players are there, and then you're in business, write ROM.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing work! I guess I have to dedicate this hack to you guys!

THE PATCH: http://www.rarhost.com/download-upuxhy.html

I don't know if this should go in the GE-vault, but I hope so, it's up to you!

And here is a video for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDSQGfRs2dk

The sky is pitch-black in all levels, it has something to do with my graphics plugin, right?

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
About the weapons, I'd cut the duplicates and just have one of each gun in the map, including the ones you omitted.

Which ones have I omitted? From what I understand, there are really just four weapons in all eight slots, except for Pistols, in which there are only three different weapons, and Golden Gun, in which there are 5 different weapons; DD44, Klobb, KF7, one silenced PP7 and one Golden Gun.

Hopefully this is the start of something!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which Connery is that!? That's great. It'll definitely go in the vault. I also look forward to more levels and people playing it online (and videos).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=105

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wicked job man! Great to have the video also!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Which ones have I omitted? From what I understand, there are really just four weapons in all eight slots, except for Pistols, in which there are only three different weapons, and Golden Gun, in which there are 5 different weapons; DD44, Klobb, KF7, one silenced PP7 and one Golden Gun.

There are eight weapons, 00 through 07, in your image you're missing 00, 02, and 04. In the default weapon sets it doesn't really matter since those are duplicates of the gun that comes after them but if someone was playing with a custom weapon set that made each weapon unique it would.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Which Connery is that!? That's great. It'll definitely go in the vault. I also look forward to more levels and people playing it online (and videos).

It's the Dress Suit with the Lee head, and the edited original texture. Right now the All Bond patch is on hold, this goes first, but it's going to contain all the original suits and faces. Thank you for putting it up!

Thank you GE MASTER!

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
There are eight weapons, 00 through 07, in your image you're missing 00, 02, and 04. In the default weapon sets it doesn't really matter since those are duplicates of the gun that comes after them but if someone was playing with a custom weapon set that made each weapon unique it would.

Aha. Well, in the final pack I will have fixed this, then. Thank you!

Now I'm working with fy_matrix, and it's going rather well.

But I have to ask, let's say I want to create a Project of maps where Temple is fy_matrix, Complex is fy_iceworld and Facility is something else, how should I do? Right now I create a new project for each patch, but I want to open a project and quickly being able to switch between the maps I've made, and then inject it so that all three maps goes in the same rom.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: