ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[WIP] Facility Mission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: [WIP] Facility Mission Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone!

I'm new to shootersforever, but i have been very interested in the whole idea of creating new levels with the setup editor. So lately i've been working on a facility mission. I don't really have too many specs yet, but when i make some major progress, i'll post a screen or two. Very Happy

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Last edited by DELETED on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, here's the deal

you must have me confused with my brother.

he was on shootersforever, and just recently had his account deleted. (he wanted it).(idk what his username is) he was involved with the whole goldeneye editor "scene" for a while, and refused to give me details every time i asked him about it. (my older brother's kinda mean to me alot). I know he used (on pokerstars.net or somthing) the username flopper999 (which i thought was very cool sounding Smile ), and he's moving to ohio within the next few days, so instead of me getting a new email, coming up with a cool sounding username, and all that stuff, i just decided to use his (he actually let me have it. (He was NICE for once!!) Because i wont see him for a while, i asked him one last time on how to do this goldeneye stuff because i knew he was the only one who knew about all of this hacking goldeneye stuff and he told me because he's moving, he'd tell me how. so he did and i spent the last dozen or so hours, just figuring out the Goldeneye Setup Editor. there's a few things i havent figured out, but the thing i find the most hard is "Action Blocks". but i do have a few ideas for my facility level, and i hope it turns out well.

i hope this clears everything up, Scorpion, and sorry for the confusion.

Wish me luck with my mission! Very Happy

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay, so, i've encountered my first problem. every time i shoot with any of my guns, the bullets, the bullet holes, the aimer, and the little bullet emblem next to the ammo number become very dotted, almost like a grid or somthing. Any suggestions?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You currently have too big of a variety of objects in your level. That is what's causing the graphical error with your crosshair, bullets, explosives and smoke effects. There's two ways around this. a) Try to limit the amount of different objects you're using. You'll notice that Rare used the same models over and over, such as the computers and crates, so that they could avoid flooding it with too many textures. Go back over the setup and change things up a bit. b) In the 21990 Modifications menu, listed under Tools, you can increase the amount of memory dedicated to textures. Simply enter the Stage Options section, choose the Facility from the list, and raise the value stored in the "-mt" text field. Add about fifty to a hundred and test it out.

By the way, it appears you share an IP Address with one Jack Bruce, who recently asked to have his account deleted. If you or your "brother" is Mr. Bruce, please let me know.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In 21990 you need to minorly increase the number for facility (the -ma).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The "-ma" is for the background data, is it not? That's what you raise in multiplayer to avoid blackouts. The "-mt" should be the texture data. I have the details listed in this forum, under the "Memory Allocations & You..." thread.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i decided to post a little bit of my progress.... Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: