ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Quick Hammer Editor Question...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I ran into that problem before too. It seems like the compiling tools get a little over zealous when you have a plain square room and cut everything looking for another room or something like that. The solution is pretty simple, spice up your room a bit, add a doorway and some pillars, that should be enough for it to work properly.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, good. So now i've jazzed up my hammer room...

But now, when I open it up in Crafty, well, see for yourself...

It's just a white box! It does, although, read that I have 80 or so World Polygons. Do you know why the white box appears?

P.S. I really appreciate your help. You have no idea how much you've been helping me Very Happy

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, that looks like what was happening to me when the wad wasn't being added to the compiled map properly. I'm pretty sure this is default but try hitting F1 while viewing it in Crafty, that'll set the renderer to textured mode if it isn't in it already. If that doesn't work hit F3 or F4 and see if your architecture is there, if it is then the wad just isn't getting added for some reason.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I hit F2 I see colored polygons resembling the shape of my map, F3 I see architecture, and F4 I see wireframe. The supports that I added in hammer are there, but when I hit F1, I see that white block with no textures. Do you think I should just try to import it into Goldeneye anyway?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, you've got to get the textures working first.

Hmm, looking at this again I notice one difference from mine.

Edit the parameters for all the compile commands so that $path\$file is in quotation marks, but not the -wadinclude GE.WAD:

$csg_exe "$path/$file" -wadinclude GE.WAD
$bsp_exe "$path/$file"
$vis_exe "$path/$file"

I really don't think it'll make a difference, I suspect it would've given an error if it couldn't interpret the command line parameters correctly, but give it a try and see what happens.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

unfornately, the white box still appears, with no textures, just architecture... Crying or Very sad

Could it just be a dud GE Wad?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Send me your map, I'll try compiling it here.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where should I upload the file to? And which file is it? The .rmf?
I'll send it to you in a PM. Okay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: