ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

30 second multiplayer crashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: 30 second multiplayer crashing Reply with quote Back to top

It's not from Zoinkity's hit detection - that I changed from 0x80 back to 0xC0, and still crashed. It could very well be due to squeezing in images, maybe some unanticipated spot, but I'm not so sure. Does this still happen with generated ROMs? Anyone have more info?

I just know the awesome new multi Bonds patch has it, and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: 30 second multiplayer crashing Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
It's not from Zoinkity's hit detection - that I changed from 0x80 back to 0xC0, and still crashed. It could very well be due to squeezing in images, maybe some unanticipated spot, but I'm not so sure. Does this still happen with generated ROMs? Anyone have more info?

I was having an issue with crashing when I inserted an image into any ROM, that doesn't happen in the newer betas. It is happening with Area 52 though, I just tested inserting my new selection icon and it's acting the same way Control did.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so it has to do with inserting images using the image editor? But 21990 is ok?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the weird thing. Before I added weapon objects into the dataDyne Headquarter's foyer map I have on hold, the crashing didn't occur. Once I plopped in a few sets, it did. I'd have to test it again to be sure, but that's what I remember happening. I did get that 4-Player shot, afterall. It should've crashed long before that.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Patch! (below the ---------------) Reply with quote Back to top

It's interesting to note, after Wreck's post, that none of the new stages (Block Fort, Almond, etc) run on console if any objects are in those stages. In other words, you can have four players running around unarmed slapping each other, but heaven forbid you place a single pickup in the stage...

---------------
Here's a fix for ROMs infected with the 20-30 second bug:
http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/downloads/30secMPpatch.zip

Apply the patch to an unbyteswapped NGEE ROM. If it has the bug, this should fix it. If it doesn't, nothing happens. Cool beans either way. If the rom is the wrong version or byteswapped, well, you ruinned your ROM, so only use it on an unbyteswapped NGEE.

Techie Notes:
The byte at 0x71407 (ROM) was changed from 20->80. That causes an incremental loop of doom, eventually kills a pointer, and that's when things go -really- bad. Patch corrects it.
Now you can flame Sub to death for the 5 minutes it takes him to update the editor ;*)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had an idea regarding the stages crashing on console, as well. When I first made the clipping for the Lucerne Tower's foyer level, it would crash on load when certain objects were placed. Apparently, due to the way the older version of the Editor handled the tile numbers, anything over "z7" would result in an errornous plink. Since no value over that exists once converted, it didn't know how to handle it. Removing those objects worked without problem. As soon as the tiles were renumbered, they'd load in fine.

So, what I'm thinking, is since most of the maps that have been done were using the old clipping's numbering system, any object that is placed on a tile with an errornous ID would crash it. Perhaps someone would like to take a look into that sometime?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, is it possible that's what is crashing Block Fort in console. This could be why the new levels don't work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: