ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Zero

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Zero Reply with quote Back to top

Erm, I just bought it for 14 bux used at EB. Now, it has the 2 GE levels. I want to like this game honestly. I will give is some more time. Having said this, I question the lead on this game. You know, the person running the show. How can you use the Perfect Dark name, yet do nothing in common with the original. It's nuts. The game is so far from what made PD PD, I wonder about it. It seems like a train wreck. I could have given them more valuable input it seems. Proves one point. You can keep the franchise name, but if you lose all the minds that made the original, you will come out with something completely different. Obviously the people making PDZero didn't play PD or figure out what made PD. It's called doing your homework! I'm being critical, but I'm being honestly. In some respects I want to barf. It proves to me that graphical updates on classics like Temple and Facility don't mean better. Far from it. PDZ proves this. Understanding what made PD brilliant is the responsibility of Rare. Period. If you have all Newbs to the game, then force them to play the bloody original, or talk to people about the original. It's called play testing!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's utterly terrible. I see where they picked up on GE in some places, but wow, PD :Zero was ATROCIOUS.

(Skorpion)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Played it for an hour and didn't enjoy it.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL an hour!! Wow. I really do want to like it but erm, sec.... *barf*.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There was one good level, with the RCP-120. Otherwise, you play and you play and you play and you hope it gets better, but it just doesn't.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's interesting is this article:

Oct 15, 2007

A third console installment in Rare's Perfect Dark franchise will be revealed sometime next year, claims a report on games site GameGuru.

The site, claiming sources within Rare, says the British developer is hard at work on a sequel to the original N64 shooter (rather than another PDZ-style prequel) and it'll have something to show of the game by the end of next year.

According to Guru, the story will feature more prominently this time around with a Darker, grittier Joanna Dark. "The entire game has tints of grey surrounding all the characters," says the site.

Interestingly, a new morality system is also claimed, with different story branches and endings depending on your in-game actions.

With the 360 launch game's decent sales - and space left to fill now that Halo's done and dusted - we're totally expecting a new Perfect Dark to roll around eventually. This time though, we're hoping it's not as disappointing as Zero. Please, Microsoft, let Rare get on with it.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree with you all! I played this game in the vain hope of it getting better as the levels progressed - but it didn't.

What 2 GoldenEye levels are in PD Zero anyway? I can't be bothered checking!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Temple and Facility. It's plain shocking how they ruined those levels honestly. Again, I question who was running the show on this game.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Temple and Facility. It's plain shocking how they ruined those levels honestly. Again, I question who was running the show on this game.

From what I've seen, the levels appear to be too darkly lit.

I've never played PDZ, but I can tell from the vids that it's utter crap. Sad

twmccoy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: PD zero Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad. This game was so anticipated. I've never played it or even seen it, but I've never heard a good word about it.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The game was really good at the time the game came out because of the hardcore perfect dark fans that played this game non stop for a couple of months. I really feel bad for people that buy the game now because it is a very different experience from what it was when the Xbox 360 released 3 years ago.

I played this game for at least 6 months and then my interest slowly drifted away because better FPS games came out. As of now, I am playing Battlefield:Bad Company and I insist everyone to try the game, it offers a genre defining experience never seen before in video games.

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rare has gone to waste. They haven't done much good since the end of the N64 era. Not even their last game for a nintendo system, not counting the gba, a port of formerly N64's Dinosaur Planet for GC (contaminated by nintendo with starfox themes as a perverse scheme to keep the IP after the buyout by M$), was too good either. I bought the game and sold it out of boredom shortly after, without even getting too deep into it.

Perfect Dark Zero... very pretty graphics, full of glowing crap and other delicacies, but looks like just another fps. Never played it, but once I could see videos of it I could tell it didn't feel like PD at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: