ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Glide64 Napalm Released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Glide64 Napalm Released Reply with quote Back to top

I think I have a new default plugin. Smile

http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/

This runs almost as fast as Jabo's on my computer and looks a lot better, there are a few minor glitches that don't happen on other plugins but they're not a big deal. There is one major issue though, the folder select screen slows to a crawl (Got as low as 2 FPS at one point), as long as you select the default folder it's not a big deal but I'd imagine it'd be almost impossible to select one of the others the way it's working now. Maybe it's just my video card, I don't know, the rest of the game plays fine. Anyway, multiplayer doesn't flicker at all, nor do hacked maps. Skies are great, they still seem a little off to me though, I'll have to compare them to the console sometime. Water in Frigate is green and black, I think that's my video card's fault, I've seen screenshots of Frigate's water being rendered flawlessly. We've got to give this a try online and see how it performs.

I've only tried GE so far, I'm going to try PD next and see if the two big problems (CamSpy and IR Scanner) have been fixed.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some PD:

CamSpy and IR Scanner work now but the game's almost unplayable with them in use, at least on my card. Runs about the same as GE otherwise.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet! Downloading now!

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like online play with this is out, for me at least, the top screen flickers really bad in Mupen64K. Sad

Edit: For solo, use 1964, it runs better with that than anything else, never lagged for me. Problem with the folder selection screen is still there though, I'm curious if anyone else is having a problem with it or if it's just an incompatibility with my old video card.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It works great for me, I haven't tried it online yet but this is definitely my new default plug-in, thank you!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow working char select and sky! (sadly no water)

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm on the fence on this plugin. It's hard to contest Jabo and his plugin against all different pcs. This one may be too pc intensive overall. Not sure. My problem is flickering in PD, but not in GE. I can't say I would switch to this plugin just because of fixed sky. Can any get this thing not to flicker on PD with mupen? I haven't tried any other emu.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I'm not getting any flickering in PD. Try going into video settings and unchecking get frame buffer info if it's checked, that's what was causing multiplayer flickering in GE for me (It needs to be checked to stop flicking in 1964).

I agree with you that it's too CPU intensive, I thought maybe it was just slow on this computer because of my outdated video card but if you're having problems with it too it might just be slow to begin with. 1964 plays full speed with it on this computer and PJ64 isn't too bad but Mupen just slows to a crawl with it at times.

Really the only thing this has going for it over Jabo's plugin are the fixed skies, RGB lighting, and multiplayer select portraits. I'm hoping Mudlord incorporates these changes into his next Rice video update (And fixes the flickering in multiplayer), his plugin does a lot of things better.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oddly enough, the light map RGB colouring does work in first-person view mode - to a very small degree. Weapons such as the Grenade Launcher and Moonraker Laser, as well as few others, have certain portions change colour. The two best places I can think of to see this, is Surface and Bunker. In Surface, the helipad will tint things yellow. While in Bunker, the ventilation shaft doorways will cause blue and red tints to occur when standing in one of the two thresholds. I can't recall which plugin does this, but I'm guessing it'd be Jabo's, since that is my personal preference.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify, I don't have the speed issue that you had. But since you are having speed issues, I'm suggestion jabo is just a better choice for a wider gaming audience online.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I can't stop the PD flicker. I tried your suggestion. Would it be too much trouble to list here what you have ticked or unticked? You are talking about when your using mupen64k yes? Thanks!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just using all the default settings. I just checked and if I click the best performance in the texture tab I get flickering, if I use the defaults I don't. If that doesn't help I'll grab a few screenshots of my configuration later.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Screenshots would be a HUGE help man. I'm really really hoping that this works for PD. Nothing else works for the Slayer....please screenshots!!!hehe. Thanks man!!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, got the answer. Have to take framebuffer effects off. Then you get a black screen for slayer fly by wire and your coop online will flicker. Bottom line is, same problems as all the othe releases of this plugin. I go back to Jabo's. I just think these guys need to realise what are priority fixes and what aren't priority fixes. Disappointing. Oh well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: