ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Avoid Microsoft products at release! Heat resolved in 2007!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Avoid Microsoft products at release! Heat resolved in 2007! Reply with quote Back to top

Can you believe that in 2007 the Xbox 360 will feature a different processor? Yep, the reason? Well read between the lines.....the heat is currently a problem big time. They wouldn't admit to a production error, but the fact is they screwed up and people who own the current version get the overheating version. Brutal.

http://xbox.gamespy.com/articles/702/702949p1.html

The Extremist

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that's what you get for rushing it out the door too quick. They should have waited until PDZ and Gears Of War were complete.

I've always hated Microsoft. Death to Billy Boy!

I'm sure you know that they've went to court at least once over bad business practices?

Last edited by The Extremist on Tue May 16, 2006 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basically Microsoft will do whatever they figure they can get away with. So, basically that means anything! It's such a crock to replace the existing processor in the xbox 360 and not admit the design flaw with heat. I just think if they cared, they would offer to install the new processor on the old 360's. I would feel so ripped off after spending 1000 bux on a POS.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Microsoft's goal is to make much profits lying to customers. That's it that's all.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You guys have got it all wrong. The processor will be generating the same power but it will be a different size. Besides the xbox 360 has no defaults. The heated 360's you've heard at launch represents not even 1% of all the consoles out right now.

I own one and it never heated on me and never got the so called "ring of deaths". Do not believe the fanboys, they are exploited and unpayed clients helping big companies without even knowing it. Thank god I am not wasting my time trying to prove that microsoft is better than sony and nintendo. They're all great!!! Very Happy

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to say this, and I know where you're coming from, however they are switching the processor which will run with less heat. I can't recall the technical aspect from my article but it seemed Microsoft confirmed the new processor will run cooler than the present one.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that is true, they are changing the cpu. But its still running on the same power. I do not recall the article saying the cpu will be faster. If its to generate less heat, that is fine but mine never overheated. That's probably because I position my 360 vertically. (more air circulation, cools it down faster)

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my friend has his vertical, and it still melted his carpet. i got the original, and its fine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zerojett wrote:
my friend has his vertical, and it still melted his carpet. i got the original, and its fine.

That one must definately be defective!!! Hope mine doesnt do that;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: