ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow what happened to our hacking stuff...and GoldenEye Wii/Reloaded!? DB supposedly made a backup and was migrating it to goldeneyevault. Any progress?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I was in over my head with that and really didn't know where to begin. It took the Doom wiki months to get everything working after their move, following the same instructions I planned on using. I was really thinking it was a better idea to just use the GE Vault wiki you put up for hacking data and leave the Wikia one for gameplay.

I'm not sure what has gone on with the old wiki, I was really fed up with Wikia as you know and haven't really checked in much since I got the backup. It looks like someone else has taken over the reigns (and done a really nice job making that hideous skin look decent!), I did give admin powers to a couple of the regular editors before I stopped checking in.

The hacking stuff is still up there (under Guides and Tutorials), so that's not lost. Personally, given what a pain porting it over seemed like it would be, I think we'd probably be best off just copying the hacking stuff over to the Vault by hand and leaving the gameplay documentation to the old wiki.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't take this the wrong way though I didn't really need a wiki due to my skill level. I'm sure others enjoy it. Though something to talk about is how to make a game harder. I know there's a video where someone beat Baron Samedi without the Goldengun. There's also one about beating the game only with slappers. Though that is elite stuff and not wiki stuff. Cool Razz Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: