ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Using explosions to open doors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(guest)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Using explosions to open doors Reply with quote Back to top

(question about using explosions to open doors)

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could definetly ask GERage on this one. I think he mentioned here that he could throw a mine onto a door to open it.. http://shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=2852

He seems like he could help you out alot!

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm here, with ideas for puzzles.

You can unlock doors using weapons, directly or not.

The first method involves throwing something (a mine, plastique, tracker bug, etc.) on a door to open it. Simply lock the door, test if you threw an object on it (command is 'Return Loop if Weapon Deposited on 16 Object'), then open and unlock the door.

Another way is to make a lock on a door and use Action Blocks to test if you have a certain weapon out, then you toggle the lock's invincibility on and off (depending on the weapon you have out). Essentially, you have a lock that is only vulnerable to a certain weapon.

Btw, it might be good to hint at what weapon the player has to use to unlock the door. You could use text, colour coding, anything you can think of.

I have a few more. You could make a Golden Gun room situation, a maze with doors that open and close after activating a console, objects that explode and open up a path after an event, or even something simple like killing all the guards in a room to unlock a door.

It all depends on how non-linear you want the mission to be, as well as how much backtracking you want.

Your idea of using crates to block paths is great, though! Wink

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maybe take a picture of a certain something, is that possible.

or breaking glass to unlock a door.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DK25 wrote:
maybe take a picture of a certain something, is that possible.

Haven't you ever played Goldeneye? Bunker 1? Silo? Ringing any bells Rolling Eyes ?

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This idea opens up a whole new world of hacking possibilities! Good going! Cool

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of which... you know exactly how to do that? GERage said it had something to do with action blocks and distances from an preset in a post i made a long time ago....

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

flopperr999 wrote:
Speaking of which... you know exactly how to do that? GERage said it had something to do with action blocks and distances from an preset in a post i made a long time ago....

It does, actually. Check out the Egyptian Action Blocks (I think Block 1001 controls the GG room puzzle).

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what i meant was to take a picture of something to unlock a door. i have played Goldeneye. Evil or Very Mad

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

would it be possible to blow up a certain object to open a door

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3AEgStKvE

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TAKA Michinoku9.1 wrote:
would it be possible to blow up a certain object to open a door

Sure, easily using action blocks, see tutorials

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok so could i do the same only with multiple objects being blown up to open it

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, you'd just have to check to make sure they all got blown up. You could even, if you're feeling particularly evil, make it so they have to be blown up in a specific sequence.

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i would love being able to do that only i dont know how Confused is their a tutorial on it because then i can unleash my true EEEEEEEEEEVIL POTENTIAL Twisted Evil

Gerry Adams

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Read SubDrag's action block tutorials, those should be enough to figure out how to do it. All you need to do is start a loop that checks for whether a specific object has been destroyed, if it has go into another loop that checks for the next one, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: