ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

n64 Perfect Dark (v1.0 vs v1.1) Differences?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomek07
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: n64 Perfect Dark (v1.0 vs v1.1) Differences? Reply with quote Back to top

What are the differences between Perfect Dark (NTSC) (V1.0) and Perfect Dark (V1.1).

Please list them here:

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tho I havn't played the game, there isnt any major diffrence between versions. Normally they just chage some bugs and glitches that players discovered in earlier versions. Don't expect 2 completely diffrent games.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Tomek07
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking for more specific changes, like minor bugs and glitches, etc.

Can someone please tell me?
Thanks

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only difference is that you are able to play 3 player Warehouse. The original released game version froze, which was total crap. Also it was crap that Nintendo kept it a secret that you could trade in your original game for the fixed version. I'm still pissed at them for that.

Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So that's why my challenge freezes...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But about the GS codes, should they be different with Pd v1.1 than the original (version 1.0)?

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only the warehouse bug?
man! that game was ready for release then... :/

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trent missing from crash site's ending when viewed through the cinema menu was also fixed.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Trent missing from crash site's ending when viewed through the cinema menu was also fixed.

so what was it like before?
I don't want to play so far in 1.0 just to see that....
:/

We should make video that includes all these differences...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trent's model wasn't loaded if you viewed it through the menu, so the skedar slashes thin air, basically. All of Trent's voiceovers still play, he's just invisible.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Trent's model wasn't loaded if you viewed it through the menu, so the skedar slashes thin air, basically. All of Trent's voiceovers still play, he's just invisible.

OK, thanks.
Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently, the only file in the entire file table (7DD = 2013 files!) that saw any changes, was the Crash Site setup. Action Block 0C01, which is used for the ending Cinema, originally didn't call for Trent Easton's model. Everyone else was set, except for him. This was corrected in v1.1, as the only change to the setup. In fact, it was the only change in the ROM from 194B2C on. I haven't weeded through the index yet, but there are differences throughout. But all of the main files and textures are identical, other than Crash Site's setup, of course.

In regards to the 3-Player Warehouse crashing, that's really weird. Why would it perform fine with all other amounts? If it were memory related, you'd think 4-Player mode would suffer, as well. Some games start to slow down, and then freeze. Others just lockup totally suddenly. They didn't alter the setup file, that I know of. I wonder what else may be at play there...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I experienced the 3P Warehouse lockup once. The walls in one room flashed rainbow colours for a few seconds, then it froze. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: