ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE obsessions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: GE obsessions! Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the day when the button codes were hacked for GE, I remember learning a handful of the codes OFF BY HEART!

When I went around my mates house, they would mention a cheat, then I would activate the named cheat. I remember once my mate went to get a drink from his kitchen, and during that time I did the Line Mode code - the look on his face when he came in the room was priceless!

That was one of my main obsessions with GE. What's yours?! Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

8032332A, 8102B522, 8002A8F7 . Anyone else memorize that and know what it does Wink

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
8032332A, 8102B522, 8002A8F7 . Anyone else memorize that and know what it does Wink

Having just ported them to PAL, they look reminiscent of the basis of the single player levels in multi!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sure is Smile Who would've known we'd have gone so so far since then. I tried really hard to get more levels going with other emptiers, and Wreck somehow AMAZINGLY got that second emptier that helped a couple more levels. Man those were exciting times.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember trying very hard to find Oddjob in Depot...I never found him, but always thought he was hidden deep in the train tracks, or maybe in a box. Good times. Oddjob rumors were fun.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never really bothered with those rumours. But I've had obsessions of my own....

I'd play around with all the glitches, easter eggs, and button codes in the game. That includes (but isn't limited to) the Floating Mines trick in Bunker, the Silo roof opening, and the Line Mode button code.

I would shoot stuff for fun. Glass, computers, lights, almost anything!

Pissing off scientists is also fun, especially if one throws a grenade but it lands at his feet! Laughing

(Skorpion)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For some odd reason, it has always amazed me that the gas can actually fit through the entire level. Another thing I found a bit confusing. If bond can die from the gas, why can't the guards? It's quite visible they are not wearing gas masks.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scorpion wrote:
For some odd reason, it has always amazed me that the gas can actually fit through the entire level. Another thing I found a bit confusing. If bond can die from the gas, why can't the guards? It's quite visible they are not wearing gas masks.

First, the gas goes through the whole Facility because the doors have leaks in them. Next, the other guards can't die from this gas since they aren't human, despite their appearances.

Speaking of Facility, another obsession I have is throwing my Remote Mines on the gas tanks in the Quad room. I denote them outside the "airlock", sealing off the room and filling the level with gas.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always used to look for beta stuff, I submitted some of my findings to TGS/Detstar but it never got put up on the site. Mostly stupid little things like the railings in Control being beta glass.

I like turning on Bond Invisible, All Guns, and Infinite Ammo and planting a single timed mine at a guard's feet. They fly really far when you do it that way, it's hilarious. Laughing

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i like blowing people up at different angles Laughing

Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have dreams about playing the beta GoldenEye.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My obsession is trying to get through facility without taking a single shot on DLTK.

Damn, it's **** hard! I've gotten to the end of the frontzone before getting shot down. That's the farthest I've gotten.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^I've done that once, after 10+ tries.... Rolling Eyes

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I like turning on Bond Invisible, All Guns, and Infinite Ammo and planting a single timed mine at a guard's feet. They fly really far when you do it that way, it's hilarious.

If you think that's funny, try doing it on Cradle! You'll have to use Remote Mines instead, but you can get guards to fly down the ramps that way! Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finding that second emptier code was awesome. It was probably one of my proudest GE hacking moments. The additional line of code made a few more levels load up in multiplayer. Runway, Surface i / ii, and the Jungle. I believe it even allowed you to play both Temple and Caves in solo mode. There were still a few levels that we couldn't get access to, but atleast it got us a bit closer to the PAL guys.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THE ONE OBSESSION I HAD WAS GOING THROUGH A LEVEL AND DESTROYING EVERYTHING WITH ROCKET LAUNCHERS I ALSO LIKED RUNNING OVER THE GUARDS WITH THE TANK AND HEARING THEM SCREAM IN UNSTOPPABLE PAIN Twisted Evil IT WAS FUN BE BETTER IF IT ACTUALLY SQUASHED THEM FLAT WITH BLOOD EVERYWHERE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME Twisted Evil

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3AEgStKvE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: