ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Emulator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Emulator? Reply with quote Back to top

Ive heard a lot about emulator but what do they do. Are they any better then playing the game on nintendo 64? What I want to know is if there are any advantages to an emulator?

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After playing both the system and emulator version, I can say that the emulator is way better. Adding cheats is so much easier then adding them to a gameshark. I found that it was faster too, but that probly depends on your computer. It's also easier to do almost anything because its right in front of you, and if you don't like the n64 controller (I doubt this though) you can use your keyboard. However, by no means am I an expert on emulators, I just started using them.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are several advantages to using an emulator over the console. However, there are some very big disadvantages too. Hmmm.
Advantages:
Unlimited Gameshark Codes - Better Interface
Speed and Timing Features
The ability to play online (Somewhat)
Keyboard Interface (PC Gamers like)

Disadvantages:
Keyboard Interface (No classic controller)
Graphics Problems
Signifigant slowdown on older PCs

I love using the emulator, but I actually usually just use it for convenience in testing Gameshark codes. For actual gameplay I would recommend console.

wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Intresting I would have thought that graphics wuld have been better because of a computers graphic card. But I can see how graphics could get messed up when extracting the data to your pc. Thanks!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are wondering graphics wise, check out this page here

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/n64_emulators_emulation.php

Emulators make your PC the Nintendo 64 console. Not exactly user friendly because of the overwhealming possible settings. However, it rules.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No matter what you do, consoles will always look and feel better then emulators and trust me i know how to get the best out of an emulator.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The graphics won't be as good on a console but emulation requires good hardware.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: