ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Working w/ Secondary Images & RGB Mods...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Working w/ Secondary Images & RGB Mods... Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing around with Hammer since early this morning, configuring everything, installing programs, exporting files, all so that I could build a test map to help construct a tutorial on how to work with secondary images. After lots of kinks - including Vista's security driving me to the brink of madness - I managed to get it all going. For now, however, I'm only going to post a few screenshots of the room as seen inside of the game. The tutorial will have to wait another day or so, but it'll try to explain as much as possible within it. In the meantime, these pictures will demonstrate how secondary images and RGB modifications can bring a lot of life to your maps.

The Room, minus Secondary Images...

The Room, with Secondary Images...

The Room, now with example RGB modification...

The otherside of the room...

The otherside, now with example RGB modification...

The Room, different angle w/ RGB mods...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's amazing how a little lighting and shading can spruce up a level. I look forward to your posting of the tutorial so everyone can start adding it to their levels.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice, I'm looking forward to this tutorial as well, I'd love to see everyone making maps that rival Rare's in quality, and for that we definitely need secondary images and lighting.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, this hasn't been forgotten. I've simply been caught up in other things, such as working on my map pack. Once I have some time, I'll return to this and get down to writing the tutorial. If anyone needs help in the meantime, I can try and get you started over PM's.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't gotten much done on my Hammer map since I made my last post, so I'm in no rush.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: