ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Error Exporting Map: Fixed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Error Exporting Map: Fixed... Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to help out Flopper999 with Hammer, but am having difficulty myself. No matter what I seem to do with his map, nothing appears to get it any further in the compiling process. Where it looks as though it goes wrong, is when it checks for a ".map" file. Which, apparently, never gets created. For some reason, it can't find it...

Hehe, in the middle of typing that, I decided to try something. It worked. Apparently, the ".map" file was created, afterall. However, Hammer just couldn't find it where it was.

In the Valve Hammer Editor directory, under and folder labelled "Maps", I had another folder for Flopper's map "Hang 'Em Low". Everything was being saved inside there. When I'd attempt to "run" - or export - the map, it'd check the root "Maps" folder for the ".map" file. It ignored the folder that the data was actually inside.

What I did, was copy and paste the ".rmf" and ".rmx" files from that folder, into the "Maps" root folder. The exporting process found the file, went through the steps, and output the ".bsp" file needed.

I loaded it up in Crafty, and voila! There was the map. It appears to be an identical output of the Hammer original (minus the in-program lighting that effects textures).

So, if you're having trouble getting your map to export, make sure the ".rmf" Hammer map file is in your "Maps" root folder. Also, be sure you have a start point entity and that your level is completely enclosed.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, yeah, this is definitely something I need to remember to mention when I write the compiling guide.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: